1Password 4 downloaded from Mac Mini App Store

drbrady717
drbrady717
Community Member

I downloaded the app directly to my Mac Mini through the built in App store for $24. Now, I'm going to my iPad Air and signing in to the app store using the same apple ID, but it doesn't show up as purchased. In fact, it shows up in the App store for $17. Any suggestions so I don't end up getting charged two times?

Comments

• hawkmoth
    hawkmoth
    Community Member

The iOS application is sold separately from the Mac version. If you want to use both, you will need to purchase both. That's the reason it isn't showing up as already purchased in the App Store.

• drbrady717
    drbrady717
    Community Member

Will the Mac version sync all the data to the iOS version for the phone/ipad etc?

• hawkmoth
    hawkmoth
    Community Member

@drbrady717‌ - Yes, that's exactly how I keep my installations synced up though Dropbox. All the data is the same on Mac, iPhone, and iPad. Note that the iOS version is universal, so you only need to buy it once, so long as all your iDevices are using the same AppleID.

Note that at the moment, the iOS version doesn't support multiple vaults. A forthcoming update has been announced to have that feature, but the developers haven's said when that will be release, other than saying "soon."

• drbrady717
    drbrady717
    Community Member

Very well. Thank you for your comments. They have been helpful. I will use the "primary" vault so everything sync's correctly.

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni

Hi @drbrady717,

You surely can sync all of your 1Password data between the Mac and iOS versions of 1Password 4. As the 1Password for iOS product page mentions:

These general guides have links for specific guides with instructions for configuring each type of syncing:

For iOS: Welcome to the Sync Guide for 1Password!

For Mac: 1Password 4 sync guide

Configuring 1Password 4 syncing on your Mac first, then on iOS, is recommended.

We'll be here if you've got any questions or need any help getting that set up and working smoothly. :)

This discussion has been closed.