Still no synching indication in 4.5b44

Options
cortig
cortig
Community Member

Hi All,

I just installed the new b44 and immediately went to check whether there was any progress for synchronization.
My iPhone is set to sync through dropbox. I see that the app is properly still configured to use my dropbox account, but when I hit the Sync Now in the settings, nothing seems to happen. No progress bar, status message, spinning sprocket, nothing at all confirms that a sync is actually taking place.

Comments

• cortig
    cortig
    Community Member
    Options

A ran an additional test: I wiped out the app from my iPhone to start over.
    I configured the synchronization and it started syncing: then I has a status string telling me a string was in progress.

Is the root of the issue that the field doesn't display the time of the last sync, leading me to think it's not doing anything?
    (and for the record, I like the spinning sprocket we had in previous versions to indicate that a sync was in progress)

• cortig
    cortig
    Community Member
    Options

FYI, there was no problem on my iPad. The string indicating the lime fo the last sync shows up just fine.

• cortig
    cortig
    Community Member
    Options

… and as previously reported, the first sync stops when the app goes to the background or the iPhone locks itself :-\ I'm still at less than 10% of my data synced :-[

• Good morning @cortig‌ . I'm sorry for the trouble that you're running into with syncing. Do us favor and try it with beta 45 and let us know if it's improved at all.

Also, how many items do you have in your keychain?

• cortig
    cortig
    Community Member
    Options

I just tried and saw no indication that it was syncing again. In only has about 600 of my 1566 items (yeah if know. I use the app ;) )

• cortig
    cortig
    Community Member
    Options

Actually, I've been stuck at 635 for most of the day. It's not moving from there and clicking the Sync Now "button" doesn't seem to make the slightest difference

• cortig
    cortig
    Community Member
    Options

I deleted 1P and all its data then reinstalled b45 it and after that it properly started syncing.
    I had a sync status and it did manage to get all the data. Big improvement!
    No idea why it didn't work when I undated b44 to b45 (maybe the data b44 had imported were corrupted on the iPhone), but I sure am glad to see it work again.

Corentin

• Great news! Let us know if you see any other wonkiness.

• cortig
    cortig
    Community Member
    Options

I tried b53 today and things are tremendously improved. I launched the app and in the Sync setting, I could immediately see the time of the last sync. everything seems normal now!

Corentin

• Fedorov
    Fedorov
    Community Member
    Options

Please note from other sync threads a few of us have thought it was all working, and while it now appears to sync after upgrading to a new beta we are finding that if you add a new item on another device it does not appear to come across to iOS version even though it says it has synced.
    If you see this you need to disable Dropbox sync and enable it again and the new item(s) will sync

Devs are aware of this so I'm confident it'll be fixed real soon :)

• cortig
    cortig
    Community Member
    Options

I saw the threads after I posted an update on this one. Well, at least the sync status shows up properly for me ;-) Whether it actually reflects the truth is apparently a different story…

Corentin

• Corentin, if you notice that you're seeing issues with sync updates not appearing on your iOS devices please respond on this thread here: http://discussions.agilebits.com/discussion/22641/b53-failed-to-sync-login-item#latest

• cortig
    cortig
    Community Member
    Options

Will do!

Corentin

This discussion has been closed.