Multiple vaults and Dropbox syncing [Mostly improved in beta 47]

Options
donnywdavis
donnywdavis
Community Member
edited March 2014 in iOS

It looks like my multiple vaults have become jealous of the primary vault being able to sync with iCloud in the latest beta and are refusing to behave properly with Dropbox.

I had a couple of vaults set up prior to updating to 4.5.b43. It looked like the vaults weren't syncing properly on the iPhone so I removed them and when I went to add them back the app crashed. Going back in to try and add them back again caused it to crash again. The vaults had the correct data on the iPad but wanted to check for consistency. I removed one of the vaults on the iPad and when I went to add it back the app crashed on the iPad as well.

The crash happens at the point of selecting the vault keychain in Dropbox. It will display all of my keychains in Dropbox and when I select the keychain for the vault that I want to sync, that is when it crashes. The app prompted to submit a report for the crash and I selected yes for it to do that but wanted to post it here as well.

Comments

• Thanks @donnywdavis ! I saw your crash reports coming in and I believe I fixed this crasher in beta 44. Check it out and let me know if that's the case.

• donnywdavis
    donnywdavis
    Community Member
    Options

Hey @MrRooni. Yes this is definitely fixed in b44. Gave it a whirl this morning and worked like a champ. Thanks. :)

• Excellent!

• donnywdavis
    donnywdavis
    Community Member
    Options

@MrRooni after updating to b45 it looks like Dropbox sync for the secondary vaults is getting stuck now. The syncing icon is in permanent spin mode on the iPhone for Dropbox and iCloud.

Neither device shows a last sync time for Dropbox. I have made changes on my Mac, iPhone, and iPad for the secondary vaults but the changes are not being reflected on any of the other devices.

iCloud syncing seems to be working as expected, minus the permanent spinning syncing icon, so it's just Dropbox on the secondary vaults that I am having issues.

• donnywdavis
    donnywdavis
    Community Member
    Options

b46 looks like it's an improvement.

I had to remove the secondary vaults a couple of times to get them to sync properly. When I would remove them and add them back it's like that was picking up the syncing changes from last night. When I would remove and add it back it would pick up the next batch of changes. I had to keep doing this until it caught up and matched the vaults on my Mac.

They do appear to be syncing now though.

• MikeT
    Options

Hi @donnywdavis,

Be careful with doing too many things at the same time that'd cause Dropbox to move around too many files or they'll throttle 1Password and stop pushing data until you wait another hour or so.

We're working on a few Dropbox bugs that should be improved in the next few betas (after beta 47).

Does beta 47 improve this situation for you?

• donnywdavis
    donnywdavis
    Community Member
    Options

Hi @MikeT sorry for the late reply on this. This specific situation did improve. :)

• MikeT
    Options

Hi @donnywdavis,

No worries, I'm glad it is working better now. Please do let us know if it changes.

Thanks for the update!

This discussion has been closed.