Issues with iCloud sync with attachments [moved to email]

Options
Derek Megyesi
Derek Megyesi
Community Member
edited April 2014 in Mac

Hi all,

I am currently using 1Password for MAC 4.1.2, and I have noticed that when attachments often get messed up when synching to my iPhone and iPad.

Maybe best given by an example:
1) MAC: Secure Note called "BMW Owners Card" with 2 attachments (scans of the front and back of my card)
2) 1st Synch to iPhone/iPad: Every works fine
3) Make a change to the name of the attachments (eg. BMW_owners_card_v2_front.jpg and BMW_owners_card_v2_back.jpg
4) Resynch to my iPad/iphone. Now I have 4 versions of the .jpg (original 2 and the the 2 new ones)
5) Do another resynch and now I am seeing other attachments missing (eg. my Passport_scan_front.jpg is missing).

Perhaps this is fixed in version 4.2.2 and if so a million thanks. But presently I am afraid to synch as it might mean data loss.

Derek

Comments

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi Derek,

I'm sorry to hear that you've been having trouble with attachment syncing lately!

The good news is that the developers have made some great improvements to attachment sync and you should see better behaviour once the next updates of Mac and iOS are available. We're working to get these updates out to users just as soon as possible, but I can't provide much more detail than that at this time.

That being said, I'd like to take a closer look at your system to determine if there's anything that we can do to make things better for you now. Could you please send us a Diagnostics Report?

http://learn.agilebits.com/1Password4/diagnostic-report.html

Then attach the entire file to an email to us: support+forum@ agilebits .com

Please do not post your Diagnostics Report in the forums, but please do include a link to this thread in your email, along with your forum handle so that we can "connect the dots" when we see your Diagnostics Report in our inbox.

Once we see the report we should be able to better assist you. Thanks in advance!

• mpaulwright
    mpaulwright
    Community Member
    Options

I'd like to jump in on this as well. I had my hard drive crash just two days ago and I'm having to reinstall everything from scratch. I installed 1Password and was extremely glad when it downloaded all my passwords from iCloud. It's made the process much easier. However, some of my other software required license files. No problem I thought as I knew I had saved these as attachments in 1Password. The entries were there with everything else I had written in them, but there were no attachments. I checked around and discovered other entries where I had attached a sensitive pdf were empty as well. I can't stress how much I love 1Password, but this does make me have to rethink having redundant copies of the information saved somewhere else.

• Jasper
    Options

Like Megan posted above, please send us a Diagnostics Report so we can investigate further. Thanks in advance!

• Derek Megyesi
    Derek Megyesi
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks Megan. I have done as you requested and run the diagnostic and mailed it in to support.

Looking forward to a new awesome solution !!

Cheers,
    Derek

• Jasper
    edited April 2014
    Options

Thanks for sending in the report, Derek! Our support team will follow up directly via email. :)

This discussion has been closed.