A Sync Problem using Dropbox

Options
Stanlee13
Stanlee13
Community Member

I have two Macs. One a iMac that is my primary computer. Second a Macbook Air that is used infrequently. Also the 1Password is a family subscription.

During the past two days, I have changed several passwords on the iMac. Yesterday I booted the Macbook Air. The 1Password (MBA) did not update. One of the passwords that was changed was Dropbox, so I went to the website to check to be certain that my computers were listed which they were.

Today, I again checked both computers. The iMac was still updated. The Macbook Air was not. The dropbox file on both computers show that they have been updated. Both 1Password programs are set to their dropboxes.

Then in the desktop menu of the MBA, I opened the dropbox, setup a selective sync and unchecked some files including the 1Password. After a few minutes, I rechecked the sync to 1Password. Still there were no changes to the 1Password on the MBA.

I then decided to turn off the MBA. Next I went to the iMac. I was worried about loosing the changes. I then did a backup and put the zip file in a separate backup file. I then printed a copy of all of my passwords.

Next on the iMac I checked the Dropbox file. It had updated but now there are two Agile Keychain files. The most recent is 1Password (Selective Sync Conflict)Keychain this morning. There is also a 1Password Keychain from last night. When I clicked on last night’s file (Dropbox) it shows the file with the changes. When I clicked on this morning’s file (Dropbox) with the sync conflict it brings up the same file with a dialog box asking to make a new vault.

What is the best way to resolve the issue where the MBA has the old passwords and the iMac contains the updated passwords?

I have considered using an iCloud sync (1password family plan?) or deleting the 1Password from the MBA and reinstalling a fresh 1Password4. I am concerned that I could end up corrupting both installations. I also wonder if the Dropbox file is corrupt.

I will appreciate any recommendations to solve this issue. Thank you.

Comments

• Jasper
    Options

Hi @Stanlee13,

I'm sorry to hear that you're having trouble with Dropbox sync. To start with, could you please try disabling then re-enabling sync on your Macbook Air?

If that doesn't help, please email us a Diagnostics Report from your Macbook Air, along with a link to this discussion, to: support+forum@agilebits.com

• Stanlee13
    Stanlee13
    Community Member
    Options

I emailed the report after I reactivated Dropbox. There was no change. In the 1Password on the MBA there are two updates one to dropbox and the other to gmail. These were done manually to help me in my investigation. Also I forgot to send the link to this discussion. I will repeat the process.

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    edited April 2014
    Options

Hi @Stanlee13‌

Thanks so much for sending in the Report! Our support team will follow up directly via email to avoid creating any confusion between here and there. :)

• Stanlee13
    Stanlee13
    Community Member
    Options

HELP!! This afternoon (April 14) I learned that I cannot get into the 1Password on my iMac (the one that contained the updated passwords. When I start 1Password I get a dialog box that 1Password failed to connect to 1Password mini. Please restart 1Password. If this does not help please contact AgileBits Support. I tried a number of times. I disconnected from Dropbox and reconnected without success. I tried double clicking on the file in dropbox, still cannot get into program. I need to get into 1Password. There has been no follow up as stated above.

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @Stanlee13‌

I've located your email in our support system (based on the email address attached to your forum account) and I see that one of my teammates has replied to your message. If you haven't already, please check your inbox. :)

This discussion has been closed.