Merge two 1Password files.

Options
richardttt
richardttt
Community Member

Somehow I have two different 1Password files that are syncing on Dropbox with two different macs.

One is named 1Password 2.agilekeychain and the other is named 1Password.agilekeychain.

I've saved different passwords to each before I found out they weren't syncing as expected.

How do I merge them into a single file that both Macs are using?

Thanks,

Richard

Comments

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @richardttt‌

I would like to apologize for the delay in responding to you here but we experienced a surge in support requests recently. We're doing the best we can to get back to our usual speedy replies as soon as possible.

We should be able to get this straightened out fairly quickly by simply resetting sync:

• On your iOS devices, open 1Password 4 for iOS, tap Settings > Sync, and toggle Dropbox to OFF.

• On the Macs, open 1Password 4 for Mac, go to File > Backup and run a backup, just in case.

• On both Macs, click the 1Password menu, then Preferences. Click Sync, and click Change syncing.

• Check the box to remove the data from Dropbox and confirm that you want to disable sync.

• Restart the Macs and iOS devices.

• Check your Dropbox folder and delete any other 1Password folders or files that the remove data checkbox did not take care of.

• On the first Mac, go back to the Sync preferences, and click Dropbox. Click Choose vault, then navigate to your Dropbox folder and select Open. This will regenerate a 1Password folder in Dropbox, and that will contain a new 1Password.agilekeychain file.

• Allow Dropbox to fully sync.

• On the second Mac, go back to the Sync preferences, and click Dropbox. Click Choose vault, then navigate to your Dropbox folder and select the 1Password.agilekeychain inside the 1Password folder. 1Password will offer to merge the data for you.

• Go back into the iOS app and re-enable Dropbox sync. That should get everything on the same page for sure.

Please let me know how this works!

• R.J. Wilson
    R.J. Wilson
    Community Member
    Options

This no longer works as described on 1Password 4
    Version 4.4.2.BETA-3 (442003)
    Agile Beta on the second Mac i get the same window as on the first: (attached screenshot) pleas advise new procedure as I desire to merge and not just cascade first version to second. Thank you

• Pirate
    Pirate
    Community Member
    Options

I don't know if this would solve your needs, but what if you were to export both password files as a comma delimited CSV file, merge the 2 files together by copying one into the other, and then reimporting it into a new keychain, and syncing only that new keychain?

• R.J. Wilson
    R.J. Wilson
    Community Member
    edited July 2014
    Options

Looks like it took 10+ minutes to "upload" from Mac #1, now 1P on Mac #2 looks OK, sorry for the confusion. Had no idea "upload" to Dropbox would take minutes. ~X(

• Jasper
    Options

Hi @R.J. Wilson,

I've responded to your other topic, here. :)

This discussion has been closed.