Localized text incomplete, cuts off oddly [Confirmed, will fix]

r2shyyou
r2shyyou
Community Member
edited April 2014 in iOS

Localized text, in French specifically, is incomplete and cuts off such that it isn't clear what you're selecting/tapping on.

In the screenshot above, "Share" hasn't been translated (should be "Partager" instead of "Share").

In the screenshot above, three out of the four options are cut off and therefore essentially require guessing on the user's part.

It would be clearer, and would perhaps actually fit, if re-translated as follows:

• Message Connexion
  • E-mail Connexion
  • Message en texte claire
  • E-mail en texte claire

Cheers,
Arthur

Comments

• MikeT
    edited April 2014

Hi Arthur,

Thanks for taking the time to write this down. I've file a bug reported for you. I do see the translation for Share is Partager on our translation service, so I'm not sure what's going on there yet.

We'll get it fixed as soon as possible along with your translated strings.

• cortig
    cortig
    Community Member

I saw the corrections in the localization project.
    The problem is that there is a typo :-> (Claire instead of Clair. In addition the standard term is brut. I fixed it today).

Corentin

• cortig
    cortig
    Community Member

As for the other non-localized strings: they are localized in the project but apparently and not been incorporated into the beta yet.

Corentin

• Hi @cortig,

Thanks for the corrections! The 4.5 version has already been submitted to the App Store, so your updates will show up in the next beta to come, likely as 4.5.1. Stay tuned!

• cortig
    cortig
    Community Member

Thanks for letting me know @MikeT‌

Corentin

• You're welcome!

This discussion has been closed.