Watchtower within 1Password for Mac?

Options
revenkyte
revenkyte
Community Member

Is it possible to have 1Password Watchtower integrated into 1Password for Mac, just like how Lastpass does (auto-detection/running through all your logins).

I know Heartbleed is a one-off thing and possibly not worth implementing/coding for, but it'll earn an enormous amount of goodwill.

I have quite a few passwords and manually copying from 1Password and entering it into the website is unpalatable.

Comments

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Yep. :)

Since 1Password does not store your information online it takes quite a bit more effort to provide this feature in a way where your personal information is not revealed to a third party. But it is available already in the beta channel if you wanted to help test.

If you do switch to the beta channel, please post all beta feedback in the 1Password for Mac Beta category so we can best assist you.

If we can be of further assistance, please let us know. We are always here to help!

• revenkyte
    revenkyte
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks.

I'm afraid I have the MAS version. I presume this feature will be released to the public soon?

Also, how does the system work?

There is security/privacy implication in sending your list of logins and checking it against the Internet. Is it opt-in or opt-out (or automatic)?

• The 1Password Watchtower service integration is a preference that is disabled by default. It does not transmit any of your logins. Instead it regularly downloads the latest watchtower service database and then uses it check your information against it locally.

• medieval1
    medieval1
    Community Member
    Options

1Password for Mac. Have latest Beta. WatchTower check box will not stay checked. :(

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@medieval1‌,

Please see the existing threads in the 1Password 4 for Mac Beta category and this one in particular for that issue:

4.3.1.BETA-1: Watchtower will not enable [Confirmed, will fix in the next beta update]

Please keep the feedback coming! The beta category is the perfect place for more. :)

This discussion has been closed.