Sync Secondary Vault through iCloud

DrDuuude
DrDuuude
Community Member

So, I have 1Password on my mac and iPhone. I've got a primary vault and mobile vault on my mac.
I want to sync ONLY the mobile vault to my iPhone, using iCloud (don't have dropbox, and have no desire to install it).

I can only see an option to sync the primary vault, which I expressly don't want - I keep my primary vault only on my mac, never gets pushed to the internet. I set the mobile vault as a subset for things (like my agile bits forum password) that wouldn't be a disaster if they were hacked.

Is there anyway just to sync the secondary vault through iCloud? And if not, is that a feature that could get added?
It doesn't seem like there should be any technical reason why it wouldn't be possible.

Comments

• immortalis
    immortalis
    Community Member
    edited April 2014

AFAIK only the primary vault is supported to sync over iCloud... @Megan‌ This would definitely be a feature request L-)

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni

Hi @DrDuuude‌ and @immortalis‌

At this point iCloud sync is only available for the primary keychain, but thanks for letting us know that you are interested in seeing more versatile iCloud options in the future. :)

• JoeS64
    JoeS64
    Community Member

I also would prefer to sync either an individual vault or folder rather than the entire database to my IOS devices. Understanding from this thread that can't be done via iCloud -- is is possible to do it another way? If so, what's the process?

• Hi @JoeS64,

You can only sync your primary vault via iCloud. So, if you want to share your primary vault with the iOS app, and keep a secondary vault locally on your Mac, you can use iCloud.

If you would like to sync a secondary vault to the iOS app, you will need to use Dropbox syncing instead.

• JoeS64
    JoeS64
    Community Member

Thanks!

• mattcampbell
    mattcampbell
    Community Member
    edited June 2014

I am having the same problem that I cannot restore from Dropbox as it crashes. Looks as though if I had an icloud back up that it would work ok but there's an issue with dropbox :((

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni

Hi @mattcampbell‌

I'm sorry to hear that you're having trouble, and I'd be happy to help you get things sorted out here, but I'm not quite sure I understand where you're running into trouble. Are you attempting to restore a backup from Dropbox or import an existing keychain?

In order to get this sorted out, I'll need to know a little bit more about your 1Password ecosystem:

• What are the version numbers of 1Password and your operating system for all computers and devices running 1Password?
    • Where is your most up-to-date data currently stored? (ie: is it on your Mac and you want it synced to your iOS devices as well?)
    • Are you seeing an error message in Dropbox? (if so, please let me know what the error says)

The more detail you can provide, the more quickly we'll be able to get you sorted out! :)

This discussion has been closed.