[4.5.1b1] non-localizable string [Some strings are dependent on iOS language, not in-app]

Options
cortig
cortig
Community Member
edited April 2014 in iOS

Hi All,

I just checked the new beta for 4.5.1 and realized that the Edit buttons (toolbar at the top), always shows up as Edit.
It doesn't seem to be localizable at this point.

Corentin

Comments

• face
    face
    Community Member
    Options

In italian version it's translated.
    I've many strings still untranslated in italian language even if they're all translated ...

• cortig
    cortig
    Community Member
    Options

Just wondering: are you using iOS in Italian as well? I'm wondering whether this could come from the fact that I'm using iOS in English (with 1Password set to run in French).

Corentin

• face
    face
    Community Member
    Options

I think so.
    Yes i use iOS in italian too.
    Have you tried to switch iOS also in French (in setup>general>international>language) ?

• cortig
    cortig
    Community Member
    Options

I was reluctant to do so… Most of the time, the localizations in the various apps I use myself drive me positively nuts :-> That's why I asked what language you used in iOs to really convince myself to go through the process :->

I did it though and it confirms what I suspected after reading your post. The string is coming from iOS itself. It now says “Modifier”.
    Thanks for the info,

Corentin

• MikeT
    Options

Hi guys,

I'll check with the iOS team to see if we can internalize those strings.

@cortig, thanks for trying that to confirm the suspicion.

• MikeT
    Options

Hi guys,

The developers confirmed that it is not possible to do this. The main reason is that the Edit is just a button provided by iOS, so we can't just change the text on the fly.

In order to see the whole app localized, you do have to change the iOS language instead.

• cortig
    cortig
    Community Member
    Options

Fine with me then!
    At least, I know it's not a string that has been overseen.
    Thanks for letting us know!

Corentin

• MikeT
    Options

You're welcome!

This discussion has been closed.