No option for Dropbox syncing

videojanitor
videojanitor
Community Member
Hello! I am having an interesting problem ...

I have 1Password installed on my Mac, as well as on my Windows PC. I also have it on my iPod Touch. I am (or was) using Dropbox syncing and it worked fine. I just bought an iPad and wanted to use it on that as well, but after I installed it, I found there was no option for Dropbox syncing -- the only available choice is Wi-Fi. Curiously, I went to my iPod Touch and found that it no longer offers the Dropbox option either.

Any idea what is happening here? I'm not sure when the last time I saw that option was available, but it may have been before I installed the Windows version of 1Password. Not sure if that would have anything to do with it.

Any help appreciated!

Comments

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    edited September 2010
    Hi videojanitor, welcome to the forums.

1Password > Settings > Sync > Dropbox

It is in 1Password on both iPhone/iPod touch and iPad version 3.5.2 [latest].

I should also add that there is not an option for Dropbox on the "first run" screen. You must set up a new, empty database to be able to access the settings and sync via Dropbox.

Can you post a screen shot of your Sync settings screen in 1Password? (Press the Home and Sleep buttons simultaneously and the picture will be saved in the Photos app.)

Let me know how it goes.
  • videojanitor
    videojanitor
    Community Member
    Hell Khad!

it seems this problem has taken care of itself. When I opened my iPad tonight, I saw there were some updates available in the App Store -- one of them was for 1Password. I applied the update and now I have a Dropbox option for syncing. I enabled it and it works great. I also updated my iPod Touch, and now that works too. Not sure why that USED to work but now didn't -- but I'm not asking questions!

Anyway, thanks for this great product!
  • khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    Haha! Don't look a gift horse in the mouth, right?

I'm glad to hear everything worked out. That's great! :-)
This discussion has been closed.