PIN unlock doesn't work well

Gregs
Gregs
Community Member

The way I understand it is that Master Password is always required on the first invocation. Problem is that on low-memory devices, or heavy multi-tasking, the app gets killed pretty soon after putting it into background, meaning that I'm asked for the Master Password over and over again.

My preference would be to somehow (securely hmmm...) only have to enter the Master Password once during the first sync, and then only use PIN. Isn't there some secure apps data storage that Android provides for this to work and be secure?

If that's not possible due to security, then perhaps creating a service that keeps the Master Password in memory, even if the app is killed until the phone is rebooted.

Of course that would need to be implemented securely.

Comments

• Gregs
    Gregs
    Community Member

Looks like it's the same issue or similar as this: http://discussions.agilebits.com/discussion/21908

• Hi @Gregs! Thank you for your feedback on the beta. We don't want to store your master password because of obvious security concerns, especially on an open platform. However, I do like the idea of having a 1Password service running in the background, and I will pass this on to our developers. Thanks. :) Please let me know if you have any other questions or concerns!

• shimone
    shimone
    Community Member

+1. My master pass is long and complex (for obvious reasons) having to enter it on a phone is tedious. Its quicker to grab my laptop and open the desktop app. The iOS version has this quick PIN functionality. I keep an old iPod touch around for the convenience.

This discussion has been closed.