SSL on forum? And other forum suggestions.

Options
J0ker
J0ker
Community Member
edited April 2014 in Lounge

Hi,

Just started using the 1P4. Really loving it!
Just having an issue with 1PasswordAnywhere (Dropbox-encryptionKeys.js problem). I think you guys are working on it.
Why on earth is your discussions page (discussions.agilebits.com) not encrypted???

Comments

• hawkmoth
    hawkmoth
    Community Member
    Options

Curious. Why would you encrypt a public forum that anyone can read and post to?

• Jasper
    edited April 2014
    Options

I assume you're asking why the forum does not use an SSL connection?

Of course you are right that we should be using SSL on the forum. We like to think that everyone posting here is using a unique password, but that really isn't a good excuse.

Unfortunately moving to https is not something that is really simple, especially since our forum is hosted by a third party. With that said, we are looking into it with Vanilla (our forum provider).

Also, I've moved this discussion to the Lounge area since it's not related to 1Password 4 for Mac.

• J0ker
    J0ker
    Community Member
    edited April 2014
    Options

Thank you. Yes, I meant why the connection does not use TLS/SSL. Well, I also thought that everyone here will be using 1P anyway. But still it would be nice (and safe) if the connection is encrypted.

Also, one suggestion about the forum. I think it will be great if you can add a new subsection in General section (or somewhere else) exclusively for known issues for all platforms that you guys are currently working on. It will be really helpful for all of us.

And also one exclusive subsection for feature requests.

• Jasper
    edited April 2014
    Options

Thanks for the suggestions!

think it will be great if you can add a new subsection in General section (or somewhere else) exclusively for known issues for all platforms that you guys are currently working on.

We do have a known issues discussion for 1Password 4 for Mac, but it's not up-to-date at the moment. We're constantly fixing bugs, so it's difficult to keep the list of issues current. Thanks for letting us know you'd be interested in this though!

And also one exclusive subsection for feature requests.

We like to keep feature requests for each platform in their respective forum section. For example, if you have a feature request for 1Password for Mac, simply post in the 1Password 4 for Mac area start the topic with "Feature Request:" or something similar.

• hawkmoth
    hawkmoth
    Community Member
    Options

I get it now. Sorry for my misunderstanding.

This discussion has been closed.