When I change passwords, it always creates a new entry, as opposed to updating the old one.

Maybe I am doing this wrong. I vaguely remember, at some point in the past, that when I would change a password on a web site, I would have the option to update the current 1password entry. Now, it seems that whenever I change my password, I only get prompted to save the new password as a new entry. I admit that since I have 1password and really secure passwords I may not change passwords as often as I should so I don't actually know when the problem started.

Any advice?

I haven't upgraded beyond 3.8 because one of my machines is running Mac OS 10.7.5 and can't be upgraded beyond that.

Comments

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni

Hi @Lorskyfink‌

Unfortunately, the handy "Update your Password" option was introduced in 1Password 4, so for version 3, you will need to either manually update your passwords, or save a new entry and delete the old version.

I'm sorry that I don't have a better answer for you here, but please let us know if you have any further questions!

• Lorskyfink
    Lorskyfink
    Community Member

That's odd. I could have sworn that it used to work for me in previous versions. Was it, maybe a feature of version 1 or 2 that got lost for version 3? Something like that? Or maybe I am just senile. :-) Oh well, thanks.

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni

Hi @Lorskyfink‌

You're not going senile here, I'm just a bit too young in the ways of 1Password. Prior to the introduction of the Javascript browser extension in version 3, there was an update password option. :)

This discussion has been closed.