1Password 3: 1PasswordAnywhere not accessible.

Options

Hello,

My 1PasswordAnywhere via browser access is not functioning. I have a 2008 Macbook running OSX 10.5.8 so I cannot upgrade to 1Password4. The 1PasswordAnywhere functionality was fantastic and I used it successfully for months. (I was really pleased with the whole program actually, until last thursday I was your biggest fan) Near the end of last week, it broke. Now, when I attempt to access 1Password.agilekeychain on my Dropbox account via Safari, Chrome, or Firefox from either my home or work computers I get the following error:

" Problem loading 1Password data file

A key data file could not be loaded and 1PasswordAnywhere cannot continue without it.

Please see this help guide for troubleshooting tips"

I have ensured my Dropbox sync was complete as suggested by the troubleshooting tips. 1Password works great on my home computer. It still works fine on my android mobile device as well. I've read on other posts on the 1Password4 forums (namely http://discussions.agilebits.com/discussion/24002/1passwordanywhere-cannot-access-key-data-file-known-issue-working-on-a-fix) that Dropbox.com may have recently made some behind the scenes coding changes that are affecting 1PasswordAnywhere functionality.

Is this true? Will it be fixed? If so, what sort of timeline should I expect. As others have mentioned, this is the only way I can access my very securely complex passwords when at work (without having to copy them one of forty gibberish keystrokes at a time from my mobile app). It is a crucial functionality for me as I used it daily.

I also recently convinced my stubborn significant other to purchase your program. I'm mildly disappointed with the lack of announcement or support for this crucial part of the advertized product. I told her I had faith in you guys as a company and she shouldn't ask for a refund just yet. I trusted you would fix it. Could you give us some more information so I can reassure her.

Comments

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @UserofOnePassword,

I'm so glad to hear you enjoy using 1PasswordAnywhere! I do apologize that it is not currently available. As you read in the other post, this is the result of a change on the Dropbox side of things. They are currently testing a fix, and we're hopeful that it is available soon. I'll be sure to update the relevant threads when it is available!

I'm sorry I don't have a better answer for you right now, I hope your faith isn't completely shaken as a result of this glitch. :)

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @UserofOnePassword‌

I just wanted to pop in here and let you know that 1PasswordAnywhere is up and running again! Dropbox has managed to fix the issue and you should be able to access 1PasswordAnywhere just fine now.

Thanks so much for your patience here - if you have any further questions, we're here to help!

This discussion has been closed.