German translation for 1Password for Windows [In progress via beta testing]

mibu
mibu
Community Member
edited April 2015 in 1Password 4 for Windows

Hi there,

my family keeps asking if there is a german translation available for 1Password for Windows. I found some hints from back in 2011 which sound like a translation was beeing shortly released, yet i don't seem to be able to find a download for translations.

Please let me know if there are translations available. If there are non, maybe there is a workaround like creating a i18n file on my own?

Kind Regards
Michael

Comments

• Hi Michael,

I'm sorry but no, it is not yet available. I'm not sure what the hints came from for but it was more likely for the Mac app. We started expanding our localizations with the 1Password for Mac App Store release, then the 1Password 4 for iOS app which does support German and many more. We plan to expand this to the rest of the platforms including Windows, Android, and Windows Phone.

At the moment, the app itself does not have any localizations other than English and isn't set up to accept any i18n file.

I'm sorry about this, we are getting a lot of requests because of the recent iOS app and we know it is very important for us to release a localized version of 1Password for Windows.

• Stranger
    Stranger
    Community Member

1Password is a great program, however it is not successfull to advise 1Password to my friends and family... main reason is the missing translation in german language.

Please make it possible very soon, I can help you translating it... This would be a glory for me.

Best regards,

Christian Schmidt

• Goldnessel
    Goldnessel
    Community Member

Hi,
    any news about a i18n version for the windows client?

This was the first thing, my dad asked...

• DBrown
    DBrown
    1Password Alumni

Not at this time, @Goldnessel.

• ingobrucker
    ingobrucker
    Community Member

It would be very nice to get a German translation!

• DBrown
    DBrown
    1Password Alumni
    edited February 2014

We'll work on internationalization and then on individual localizations, after the initial development of 1Password 4 for Windows. We apologize for the inconvenience.

Thanks for your patience!

• MDHannover
    MDHannover
    Community Member

What is about the translation of 1Password for Windows in German?

There are so many people, who would love to use 1Password, and our company would be interested, too. The Tool LastPass is translated to German, BUT they don't save the passwords local, the save the passwords online in the U.S., what's inacceptable...

We would love to use 1Password, but it is necessary to translate it into German Language.
    Please, DBrown, don't just talk, do it!
    A nation is awaiting you!!!!

• DBrown
    DBrown
    1Password Alumni
    edited April 2014

Thanks for sharing your passion with us, @MDHannover‌!

As I don't speak or write German, there's nothing I can actually do—talking about our awareness of the need to internationalize 1Password and our intention to localize the interface is all I can do. :)

In the meantime, we apologize for the inconvenience.

• MDHannover
    MDHannover
    Community Member

Excuse me, #DBrown, I didn't mean that you should start the translation of 1Password in person, instead, I mean, that your company should start to translate the program into German. Please forgive the resulting misunderstanding, but my English is not so good.

Just look some threads above (#3): Mr Christian Schmidt, @Stranger, did offer you his help for translation, this would be a glory for him.

You see, there many people who want and need the german translation of 1Password and I'm sure, that there are some smart guys, who could support your company with the translation... So, there's no need for waiting or just writing about... Your Company (not you in Person, @DBrown! ;-)) should start with translation...

There are so many potential clients, who would love to buy your software 1Password in German. Germany awaits you!!!

Thank you for your understanding.

Yours sincerely
    Your Future Customer
    Marcus

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User]
    Community Member

@MDHannover‌

I don't think you should worry that they are ignoring your request, it's just that changes need to be made to the application before translation. The iOS and Mac versions are already translated, mostly by users like you and me using this online tool:

https://crowdin.net/projects/roustem

• DBrown
    DBrown
    1Password Alumni
    edited April 2014

As @Xe997‌ writes, @MDHannover‌, internationalization and localizations are on our list of things to do, but we have to have a finalized product before we start. (You wouldn't translate a poem while the poet was still writing it. :) )

Please note that the internationalization will follow development, and individual localizations will follow that, and that the work will be done in 1Password 4 for Windows.

• MDHannover
    MDHannover
    Community Member

All right...
    What's about the Scheduling? When do you think, 1Password 4 for Windows will be available in German? Is this planned for May, for Q2/2014, for the second half of 2014 or later? Thanks for your patience.

• DBrown
    DBrown
    1Password Alumni

We don't publicize release dates of feature sets, because we'd hate to disappoint customers by missing self-imposed arbitrary deadlines or goals.

I think the official answer is "Not long, we hope."

Please understand that there are a LOT of things on the to-do list, even for the follow-up to the initial release, and I have no idea in what order the items on that list will be tackled.

• Kristian
    Kristian
    Community Member

Now 1Password 4 is available for Windows - but in english only :( It even doesn't exist a project for 1Password 4 for Windows: https://crowdin.net/projects/roustem :( It seems, that the german customers have to wait furthermore.

• Correct, we're still working on updating the main app to support localizations. Once the app is ready, we'll create the new Windows project on Crowdin.

• Frank Hermann
    Frank Hermann
    Community Member

Any updates regarding german localization?

• svondutch
    svondutch
    1Password Alumni

Any updates regarding german localisation?

No news. Sorry.

• NobbyNobbs
    NobbyNobbs
    Community Member

Same here. My family needs a german translation to use it properly. I made them use it by purchasing a family license for them (a few weeks back when there still was such a thing). I didn't even check for a german translation because all other platforms also had one, so I kind of expected it. If you could release a german translation any time soon my mum would be really grateful ;)

• DBrown
    DBrown
    1Password Alumni

Thanks for letting us know, @NobbyNobbs‌.

We're aware of the interest in non-English versions, and we're committed to adding the foundation on which they can be created as soon as possible, but I'm not aware of any resources dedicated to that effort at this time.

We apologize for the inconvenience.

• fabianmarz
    fabianmarz
    Community Member

:+1:

• DBrown
    DBrown
    1Password Alumni

Thanks for sharing your vote, @fabianmarz‌.

• c85um8
    c85um8
    Community Member

When will we get a German language Pack for PC?
    The IOS Version is German too. I will pay for the PC Version when german language is availiable.

• c85um8
    c85um8
    Community Member

If there is a german translation, I'll be the first who pay for that;)

• TequilaVic
    TequilaVic
    Community Member

I want to know how long it will take a Chinese language pack, iPhone and iPad have Chinese version, PC is not Chinese language

• Hey @c85um8‌,

leider gibt es in diesem Bereich noch keine Nachrichten.
    Wir wissen um die Notwendigkeit einer übersetzten Version von 1Password 4 für Windows.

Sobald es etwas neues hierzu gibt, wirst du sicherlich hier davon lesen :)

Grüße und schöne Feiertage!

• DBrown
    DBrown
    1Password Alumni

@TequilaVic‌, as noted above:

We're aware of the interest in non-English versions, and we're committed to adding the foundation on which they can be created as soon as possible, but I'm not aware of any resources dedicated to that effort at this time.

We apologize for the inconvenience.

• mschmitz
    mschmitz
    Community Member

Any Update?

• mschmitz
    mschmitz
    Community Member

Ok, so i have to check include Beta versions... Thanks;)

• On behalf of Stefan, you're welcome. If you'd like to help us with the translations, please join our translation project here.

This discussion has been closed.