Bug: Identity Phone Numbers

Options
Bytor
Bytor
Community Member

I didn't see this mentioned already.

Used 1PW for PC (in demo mode), non beta, to create my initial keychain and sync'd it with the Android beta. Looking through the entries I see that in the Idenity that I created the phone numbers are truncated to the last 4 digits. i checked the data on the PC and all the information was there.

Tablet: ASUS TF-201, running Androwook 2.31, Hunds kernel & Data2SD

Comments

• I'm not aware of any previous reports of this issue, so you may be correct that you are this first to mention this. Could I get you to tell me which version of 1Password you are running on your PC and your Android tablet? Thanks!

• Bytor
    Bytor
    Community Member
    Options

The PC version I used was the one in the download section, version 1.0.9.340.

• I took a look into this further.

I started off by creating a new identity on Windows running v1.0.9.340, and added 3 different phone numbers. Once I saved the item, and synced it using Dropbox. I notice the phone numbers were not visible on 1Password Beta for Android. They were visible on iOS and Mac just fine.

So, I went ahead and created another identity but this time using 1Password Beta for Windows (v4.0.0.BETA-433). I noticed the new identity item was not visible on Android at all.. Mac and iOS had no problems.

This is something that should be fixed, and I will bring this to the attention of our developers.

I want to thank you again for sharing this problem you are experiencing. I apologize for any inconvenience. Please keep an eye out for an update. :)

• Jojo819
    Jojo819
    Community Member
    Options

Windows Version 1.0.9.340, Android Beta V4 (Build 20140407)

I've had the same issue as Bytor. Within identities (Windows) the default, home and cell phone number fields all have four input boxes. It appears that it is only the fourth field which replicates into the Android Beta. I then created an Identity on my Android phone and this then populated the fourth field in 1Password for Windows.

Hope this helps.

• mverde
    Options

Hi @Jojo819‌,

Thank you for the additional information on this. This issue has been brought to the attention of the 1Password development team.

Although this is an issue with version 1.0.9.340, it is not an issue in the 1Password 4 beta on Windows. If you haven't already and you are interested in joining our beta team, I would encourage you to go to https://agilebits.com/beta_signups/winnewsletter.html and subscribe to the beta newsletter. Immediately afterwards you should receive an e-mail with further details and a download link.

Once you've done that, you might also want to install the beta extension in your browsers. It provides a much better user experience than the current extensions. You can do so by

1. uninstalling the current extension,
    2. opening 1Password's preferences,
    3. selecting the 'Browser' tab,
    4. clicking the install extension button,
    5. activating the beta extension on the download page,
    6. installing the beta extension.

Before you do this however, please make sure that your data in 1Password is complete and current.

This discussion has been closed.