1Password 3 not reading Dropbox file

This discussion was created from comments split from: Syncing between 1Password 3 for iOS and 1Password 4 for Mac.

Comments

• russkle
    russkle
    Community Member

I have a Mac Pro (2006) that can only run OS 10.7.5. I have 1P v3 installed an running. However, it will not open the Dropbox file at all. My other system (Mac Book Pro 2012) is running Mavericks and the latest 1P (as are all my iOS devices). Is 1P just dead on my old system or can I still sync with the dropbox file?

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni

Hi @russkle,

I'm sorry to hear that you're having trouble with 1Password 3 right now. You don't mention how you are attempting to access this file in 1Password, so if you haven't already doneso, please try this:

• Quit 1Password 3
    • Open a Finder window to your Dropbox
    • Find the 1Password.agilekeychain inside
    • Double-click
    • 1Password 3 should open and prompt you for your Master Password.

I hope this gets you all sorted out, but if you're still having difficulties, please let me know and we'll investigate further! :)

• BobMeyers
    BobMeyers
    Community Member

Thank you Megan. This is the problem I've been having between 1P3 and 1P4 (latest version of both). Dropbox has two 1 Password files: one in the main directory and an old 1Password FOLDER (I think created with the older 1P3). The file in the main directory has the current sync date (and data). The folder had an older date which I think is when 1P3 synced) The two have been out of date and its been very frustrating. I'm now trying this last tip on my old computer with 1P3. I believe it worked. My question is can I delete the old FOLDER with the keychain on dropbox?

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni

Hi @BobMyers,

Once you are sure that 1Password is pointing at the same file on all computers, you can remove that extra folder and keychain. Just double-check in 1Password 3's preferences that your sync path is /Dropbox/1Password.agilekeychain. :)

I hope this get you all sorted, but we're here for you if you have any further questions!

This discussion has been closed.