Syncing iPad & iPhone with MacBook Pro

kearnser
kearnser
Community Member

They no longer sync since I went to os 7.1.1. I have 1Password 4.5 on iDevices, 3.8.21 on MacBook. Why?

Comments

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni

Hi @kearnser‌

I'm sorry to hear that you're having trouble with 1Password right now! Please use these instructions to set up Dropbox sync on your iOS devices. Unfortunately, sync settings didn't migrate over when the app was updated, so sync will need to be manually set up.

Please let me know if you have any further questions or concerns!

• kearnser
    kearnser
    Community Member

Thanks! Everything is fixed now. Looks like my biggest need was to sign off of Dropbox on each device, and log back on and select Syncing again!

• On behalf of Megan, you're welcome. Please let us know if you have any other questions! :)

• kearnser
    kearnser
    Community Member

Actually, I found I do still have a problem. All 3 devices (iPad 2, iPhone 4s, and MacBook Pro) picked up a dummy test from all 3. HOWEVER, when I deleted the dummies on the iPad, they were removed from all but the MacBook Pro! I restarted Dropbox and 1Password on the MacBook Pro and then restarted it, but problem is still there!

• Good morning @kearnser‌. I'm sorry that you're still running into a little snag. First off I'd like to make sure that you update to 1Password 4.5.1 on all your iOS devices. It was just released last night and contains some vital fixes.

Next, I'd like you to run some tests so we can try and identify where the disconnect may be:

1. Create a dummy item on your Mac and on one of your iOS devices. Be sure to title them differently so you can tell them apart.
    2. Ensure that they sync to each other.
    3. Make an innocuous change to one of your other items, like adding to its notes field. Do this to two different items, one on your Mac and one on an iOS device (preferably you're using the same iOS device for all these tests).
    4. Ensure that these changes sync across.
    5. Delete the iPhone's dummy item on your Mac and the Mac's dummy item on your iOS device.
    6. Ensure that they disappear from each other.

Let me know how you make out with those steps. If all of those tests pass I would recommend that you manually delete the original dummy entry from your Mac. If not, let me know where things broke down for you.

• kearnser
    kearnser
    Community Member

Everything worked fine until the last step. I deleted the Mac's dummy item on my iPad 2. It went away, but it's still there on the Mac!

• kearnser
    kearnser
    Community Member

Actually, there's another piece of this puzzle. We have a 2nd MacBook Pro, which my wife uses, and it also uses 1Password. I checked it also, and it does what my own MacBook Pro should have done!

• @kearnser‌ Are you saying that your wife's MBP properly deleted the dummy item you deleted on your iPad?

This discussion has been closed.