Problem with Chrome extension

Options

Just upgraded to Mac Snow Leopard. On Chrome 32.0.1700.107. 1password 3.8.18 (build 3.8.18)
After multiple attempts now have two 1P symbols at right hand side of the address panel on Chrome, each with a red dot with an exclamation mark in it. Double click opens a prompt to unlock 1P but attempt to do so gives an endless rising upward count. Hope you can help.

Comments

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @Broccoli,

I'm sorry to hear that you've been having trouble with the 1Password extension in Chrome. Let's try reinstalling the 1Password browser extension for Chrome.

Please follow these steps:

• Open Chrome.
    • Type chrome://extensions in the address bar and hit return.
    • Click the trash can next to all of the 1Password extensions that you see there and remove them.
    • Restart Chrome and visit the following page: https://agilebits.com/extensions/mac/index.html.
    • Click Download next to Chrome and confirm the installation.

Let me know how this works for you!

• Broccoli
    Broccoli
    Community Member
    Options

Thank you for the advice. Unfortunately after following it I finish up where I began with the 1p symbol, just the one this time, with the red dot and exclamation mark to the right of the address bar. Double clicking it opens the unlock prompt and the endless count begins. Regards.

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @Broccoli,

Well, at least we're down to one red dot instead of two, right? :) Now, since reinstalling the extension didn't work, we'll need a bit more information. I'd like to ask you to create a Diagnostics Report from your Mac. They are easy to generate and gives us an idea of what is going on 'under the hood' with your installation of 1Password. To create a diagnostics report on OS X 10.6 Snow Leopard, generate the report by downloading a separate tool. http://i.agilebits.com/kyle/tools/1Password_diagnostics.zip

Then attach the entire file to an email to us: support+forum@ agilebits .com

Please do not post your Diagnostics Report in the forums, but please do include a link to this thread in your email, along with your forum handle so that we can "connect the dots" when we see your Diagnostics Report in our inbox.

Once we see the report we should be able to better assist you. Thanks in advance!

• crotchetymama
    crotchetymama
    Community Member
    Options

Interesting. I had this problem. The error message read: Chrome Helper not available. I have ext. 3.9.21.90 and use Lion OS with Chrome 34.0.1847.131. My quick and dirty solution was to unenable the extension, restart chrome and then reenable. It is a temp fix. Lasts about a week or so. I did generate a Diagnostics report. Shall I pursue this in the manner you mention above?
    I am planning on installing Maverick as soon as I can pay for Lightroom 5, at which point I can also install 1Password 4. Will that solve the problem? Thanks for your time! : )

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @crotchetymama‌

(I've replied to your other post here)

This discussion has been closed.