can't access 1Password.html file on dropbox.com

dewitteridder
dewitteridder
Community Member
edited April 2014 in 1Password 4 for Windows

I have been successfully using the 1Password.html file in dropbox but suddenly today without changing any settings or passwords I now get the following error "A problem occurred when loading the "https://dl-web.dropbox.com/get/1password/1Password.agilekeychain/data/default/encryptionKeys.js" file"

I have read through the 1password anywhere documentation and through the forums but haven't seen a solution. My 1Password app works on my ipad, my phone, and on my computer so the file shouldn't be corrupted. I've tried repairing the data through the desktop application and that didn't help either.

I really liked this feature so I'm not always relying on an application to access the data. I've tried to access the html file in Chrome, firefox, and IE. Firefox is version 28. Chrome is version 34. IE is version WhoCares. ;)

If I can get some help with this I would be extremely grateful. Thank you very much.

Comments

• svondutch
    svondutch
    1Password Alumni

Dropbox has made a server-side change. This has broken 1PasswordAnywhere. We're working with Dropbox. Please hang in there. Thanks!

• dewitteridder
    dewitteridder
    Community Member

Thank you very much for your timely response. Can you please post back here when a resolution has been made regarding this problem? Thank you very much.

• rgibbons
    rgibbons
    Community Member

Same problem using Linux and Firefox. Thank goodness I have a copy of my passwords on iPhone. There is no way to gain access to my passwords on a Linux OS.

• DBrown
    DBrown
    1Password Alumni

As of a few moments ago, Dropbox is still working on the problem.

We apologize sincerely for the inconvenience.

• DBrown
    DBrown
    1Password Alumni

We're told that Dropbox is looking at deploying a fix on Thursday.

• Passweird
    Passweird
    Community Member

I updated Dropbox. The problem still exists. It is the same problem which occurs when I am not using Dropbox. The encryptionKeys.js file that is created by 1Password contains embedded "newline" escape characters. This renders useless the mobile solution that AgileBits is providing. It will not work both portably and securely, with any browser, with or without the use of Dropbox. Copying the folder and its html files to transportable media, OR using Dropbox to transfer the 1PasswordAnywhere file folder which contains it, is unworkable.

Frankly, the pointing of fingers at the developers of every browser as well as at Dropbox is a pathetic, gross and feeble, unwarranted abandonment of responsibility for AgileBits' own shortcomings.

• DBrown
    DBrown
    1Password Alumni

This has been answered on another thread, @Passweird‌.

For other readers, please see CEO Jeffrey Shiner's post, here: http://discussions.agilebits.com/discussion/24354/1passwordanywhere

• DBrown
    DBrown
    1Password Alumni

1PasswordAnywhere on your private dropbox.com web site should be working again. Please let us know if you find that's not the case for you.

Thanks again for your patience!

This discussion has been closed.