Frustrated: Dropbox issue

imquitting1password
imquitting1password
Community Member
edited April 2014 in 1Password 4 for Windows

I jumped onto 1Password so that I could be secure, and using Dropbox to easily copy and paste the extremely difficult passwords that 1Password generates is a wonderful idea, but thanks to whatever issue is being had with dropbox, I cannot access my passwords to easily copy and paste them. This is negating the VERY REASON I bought into this whole thing. I have a document that I need Google to access, and this has added 30 minutes to my already long night. You really screwed the pooch on this one, I'm leaving this service and using a notebook to keep track of my passwords. You've lost a customer and I'm going to discourage everyone I know from getting anywhere near this piece of garbage software (Writing as many bad reviews of this as I can). Have a nice day.

Comments

• DBrown
    DBrown
    1Password Alumni

Dropbox is an extremely reliable service that has been the perfect solution for thousands of people sync'ing their 1Password data among their PCs, Macs, and mobile devices for several years.

As with any complex software, there are occasional glitches, and this is one. Though your 1Password data is still available on your PCs, Macs, and mobile devices, we understand how frustrating it must be to have no access for the last couple of days to the copy that's stored on your private dropbox.com web site, and we're working with the dedicated folks at Dropbox to get the issue resolved.

We apologize sincerely for the inconvenience, and we hope you'll give 1Password another whirl, at some time in the future.

Thanks so much for trying 1Password, and for sharing your impressions with us!

• svondutch
    svondutch
    1Password Alumni
    edited April 2014

We're having a problem with 1PasswordAnywhere and Dropbox. We're working with Dropbox on this.

This Dropbox issue is with 1PasswordAnywhere only. It has no impact on the 1Password application for Windows.

You can always open the 1Password application, unlock it, and copy/paste your passwords. You are not locked out of your data.

• DBrown
    DBrown
    1Password Alumni

We're told that Dropbox is looking at deploying a fix for the 1PasswordAnywhere problem on Thursday.

• DBrown
    DBrown
    1Password Alumni

1PasswordAnywhere on your private dropbox.com web site should be working again. Please let us know if you find that's not the case for you.

Thanks again for your patience!

This discussion has been closed.