Filling in additional form fields on login forms

marplesoft
marplesoft
Community Member

I use a site that prompts for Account Number in addition to Username and Password (here's the actual site if you want to check it out: http://my.rackspace.com).

Is there a way to have the Account Number field filled in along with Username/Password?

Comments

• Stephen_C
    Stephen_C
    Community Member

You can sometimes get this to work if you re-create and save the login manually. Have you tried that?

Stephen

• marplesoft
    marplesoft
    Community Member

Thanks for the suggestion but that didn't work. I saved a new login entry with all the fields filled in but it didn't pick it up.

• Stephen_C
    Stephen_C
    Community Member

Hmm, how strange! I don't have a Rackspace account but I just went to the site, inserted some extempore details in each field and 1P4 created a new login. If I click on show web form details in that login I can see it's saved all three fields, and all three are filled in when I attempt to login with my spoof details.

I'm using Firefox 29 in case that makes any difference.

Stephen

• dwradcliffe
    dwradcliffe
    Community Member

I'm having the same problem, with Rackspace and AWS logins.

• Hi @marplesoft and @dwradcliffe‌,

I am sorry to hear about the trouble with 1Password! Lets figure out whats going on.

As @Stephen_C mentioned, manually saving a login item for these sites should work.

One thing to point out when doing this process, is that if you already have an item saved for this site, you will want to first rename it. Let's try this exact process:

• Edit the login that you currently have for this website by appending an "Old" to the title - just so you can tell them apart.
    • Visit the site and fill in the fields you want filled. Do NOT click the login button.
    • Click the 1Password extension, and unlock it if necessary.
    • Click the gear icon (or vault icon if multiple vaults are enabled) in the upper right corner.
    • Select Save new login.
    • Give the entry a unique and identifiable title.
    • Click Save.
    • Revisit the site and see if 1Password fills in the site correctly.

Let us know if that works for you. If not, please let us know at what step the trouble began, and we'll continue from there.

This discussion has been closed.