iCloud sync won't Start Syncing

johnfkelly
johnfkelly
Community Member

I've enable iCloud syncing and clicked on the Sync button to use it, but it comes back w/ a message that it found existing data and will merge it – so I click on Start Syncing, but nothing happens. The button turns blue briefly when clicked, but nothing gets synced and the only option out is to click cancel. What to do?

Comments

• Frankwilliamson
    Frankwilliamson
    Community Member

Have the exact issue. Been trying for 4 days to sync between iMac and MacBook Air, both OS 10.9.2, 1Password 4 4.3(430014). Using same iCloud account on both computers, turned off iCloud on both computers and then back on, reset Preferences via OS on both computers and inside the App on both computers. Getting to the Sync window in 1Password 4 gives a message that "1Password found existing data in iCloud. It will be merged with your existing vault." Clicking on "Start Syncing" button causes it to turn blue for a millisecond but nothing happens. Over and over and over again. Is there a fix or do I have to wait for an update?

• Frankwilliamson
    Frankwilliamson
    Community Member

I forgot to add that I've abandoned the first 1Password 4 account initially setup months ago when I first purchased the App from the app store. I'd heard about an upcoming upgrade and decided to wait for it. Unable to remember the initial Master password I abandoned that vault and started over. I never attempted to Sync between the two Macs and, to the best of my knowledge, Documents and Data were unchecked in iCloud. I only added the checkmark when I first tried to Sync 1Password.

• Frankwilliamson
    Frankwilliamson
    Community Member

Update 4.4 did not change anything. After updating, signed out of iCloud on both Macs, rebooted both computers, waited :20, then 1Password 4>Preferences>Sync>iCloud>Start Syncing. Flicker of blue in Start Syncing button and nothing. Eagerly awaiting some clue of what to do.

• Hi @johnfkelly‌ and @Frankwilliamson‌,

I am sorry to hear about the trouble with 1Password! Lets figure out whats going on.

Could you please send us a Diagnostics Report?

http://learn2.agilebits.com/1Password4/diagnostic-report.html

Then attach the entire file to an email to us: support+forum@ agilebits .com

Please do not post your Diagnostics Report in the forums, but please do include a link to this thread in your email, along with your forum handle so that we can "connect the dots" when we see your Diagnostics Report in our inbox.

A short note here once you've sent the Report in will help us to keep an eye out for it. :grinning:

Once we see the report we should be able to better assist you. Thanks in advance!

• Frankwilliamson
    Frankwilliamson
    Community Member

Report sent. Thanks

• Art Levit
    Art Levit
    Community Member

I am sending my Diagnostic Report for the identical problem.

• kipperkat
    kipperkat
    Community Member

I've got the same issue using 1Password 4.4 for Mac from the Mac App Store. Sync appears to have been disabled after the upgrade. When I go to preferences to re-enable syncing with iCould I get an error dialog box popping up featuring the text "1Password Sync Problem detected Update preferences" and two click boxes labeled "Ignore" and "Fix". If I go back into preferences I am just going round in circles trying to re-enable syncing.

Got any troubleshooting tips?

• kipperkat
    kipperkat
    Community Member

Now sent a diagnostic report. Probably ought to merge this thread with http://discussions.agilebits.com/discussion/24331/icloud-sync-won-t-start-syncing#latest

• kipperkat
    kipperkat
    Community Member

I subsequently found that I had a general iCould file access issue on my Mac - couldn't access files saved there with TextEdit. Restarted the Mac, found I could now access TextEdit saved files on iCould again. I then tried setting up iCould syncing again in 1Password and this time it worked.

I should of tried restarting my Mac before reporting the issue.

• kipperkat
    kipperkat
    Community Member

Do you have a general file access issue with iCould? I found that I did when I encountered problems with 1Password sync after I discovered I couldn't access files saved to iCloud with TextEdit. A restart of my Mac resolved things for me.

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    edited May 2014
    Hi @kipperkat‌

Thanks for letting us know that you're all sorted out! I'm so glad to hear that re-starting your system kicked things into gear. As requested, I've moved your comments into the Mac forum from the iOS topic.

This discussion was created from comments split from: Syncing not working on iMac, iPad and iPhone after 4.4 update.
  • Frankwilliamson
    Frankwilliamson
    Community Member

Since this is a split-off thread I just want to repeat - I've never been able to sync, have never been able to see the "change syncing" screen under Preferences>Sync. Have uninstalled, reinstalled, turned iCloud off and back on. This with iMac and MBA running latest Mavericks. First reported 30 April with no change since.

• Hi everyone,

Thanks for sending in your reports - we have received them. Someone from our support team will reply as soon as possible. I am sorry for the delay, we are completely swamped at the moment and we are working hard on getting back to our usual quick responses. I hope you can forgive us!

• ashgud
    ashgud
    Community Member

This exact problem is happening to me also. Following.

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni

Hi @ashgud‌

I'm so sorry to hear that you're having trouble getting synced up. Could you please send us a Diagnostics Report so our team can help you sort it out?

http://learn2.agilebits.com/1Password4/diagnostic-report.html

Then attach the entire file to an email to us: support+forum@ agilebits .com

Please do not post your Diagnostics Report in the forums, but please do include a link to this thread in your email, along with your forum handle so that we can "connect the dots" when we see your Diagnostics Report in our inbox.

A short note here once you've sent the Report in will help us to keep an eye out for it. :)

Once we see the report we should be able to better assist you. Thanks in advance!

• Frankwilliamson
    Frankwilliamson
    Community Member

Hate to be a pill but still no fix of original problem of April 30. Andrew sent an email but it didn't work and no response back since May 9th.

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni

Hi @Frankwilliamson‌

I'm so sorry for the delay here. I've taken a peek in our email system, and I see that there are several new emails since the date of your post. Andrew should have you sorted out soon! Your patience here is much appreciated.

• Frankwilliamson
    Frankwilliamson
    Community Member

Everything working perfectly now! Thanks for the assistance!

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni

Hi @Frankwilliamson‌

Thanks so much for letting us know that you're all sorted out! I'm so glad Andrew was able to get you sorted. :)

• gstep
    gstep
    Community Member

Thanks for any help. I've sent in a Diagnostics report.

• Kaveh Azari
    Kaveh Azari
    Community Member

Is there a resolution for this? What did Andrew tell Frank Willimason to do...?

• Hey guys, if you're still having trouble getting iCloud sync to kick on, this should help:

1. Perform a backup as an extra safety precaution.

2. Go to Preferences > General and disable "Always keep 1Password mini running" then quit 1Password. Please refer to this screenshot: Preferences Window

3. Go to "~/Library/Mobile Documents/2BUA8C4S2C~com~agilebits~onepassword/" and trash the onepassword_data directory. This is the folder which contains your 1Password iCloud data.

4. Restart your Mac. Very important step.

5. Launch 1Password and enable iCloud sync.

This should do the trick! Let me know how it goes. :)

• Nate Murray
    Nate Murray
    Community Member

Rob Yoder - that works - good deal! Thanks.

• Hi Nate,

On behalf of Rob, you're welcome. I'm glad to hear that helped. :)

Please let us know if you have any other questions!

This discussion has been closed.