Conflicts [moved to email]

[Deleted User]
[Deleted User]
Community Member
edited May 2014 in Mac

I have switched over to iCloud (from Dropbox) to sync 1P.

I am using:

1/ Macbook Pro with OSX 10.9.2 and 1P 4.3 from the Mac Store;

2/ an iPhone with IOS 7.1.1 and 1P 4.5;

3/ an iPad with IOS 7.1.1 and 4.5.1.

Initially, after setting up the iCloud sync, I found a number of conflicts in login records, plus duplicated data added to Safe Notes ( ie some of the safe notes had the entire text duplicated and added to the safe note. In some instances the entire safe note text was replicated more than once). Using smartfolders I found each conflicted record and corrected same on the Macbook. Sync ran OK.

Today, I open 1P to find that I have more conflicts (17 new ones) in the login records.

In a separate discussion, http://discussions.agilebits.com/discussion/comment/121556#Comment_121556, Mike T indicates that we're (Agilebits) going to add a method to automatically clean up the conflicts automatically.

Should I be worried about this? Will my data end up corrupted? Is it a bug or something I have done wrong in moving to iCloud from Dropbox?

Ideas, suggestions or solution most appreciated.

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User]
    Community Member

I have just found this in a later discussion http://discussions.agilebits.com/discussion/23994/what-are-conflicts-within-a-record#latest

It indicates "There was an issue in syncing 1Password 4.5 for iOS where the iOS app could assume that its data was newest data. This would result in the newer data from Mac being stored in conflict fields instead of taking the place of the older iOS information. This issue has been resolved in 4.5.1 for iOS, so you should see better behaviour here now."

So I have 4.5.1 on both IOS devices, I cleaned up the conflicts (again) and will see what happens now.

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User]
    Community Member

One day later - 16 new conflicts (determined using smart folder) - running latest (4.5.1 for ios and 4.5 from Mac store)
    No very good.
    Why do I feel I am talking to myself here?

• Hi @toasted,

I am so sorry for the delay, we are completely swamped at the moment and we are working hard on getting back to our usual quick responses. I hope you can forgive us!

I am sorry to hear about the trouble with 1Password! Lets figure out whats going on.

Could you please send us a Diagnostics Report from your Mac?

http://learn2.agilebits.com/1Password4/diagnostic-report.html

Then attach the entire file to an email to us: support+forum@ agilebits .com

Please do not post your Diagnostics Report in the forums, but please do include a link to this thread in your email, along with your forum handle so that we can "connect the dots" when we see your Diagnostics Report in our inbox.

A short note here once you've sent the Report in will help us to keep an eye out for it. :grinning:

Once we see the report we should be able to better assist you. Thanks in advance!

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User]
    Community Member

Diagnostics report emailed to support+forum@ agilebits .com with link to thread and forum handle as requested

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni

Thanks for sending in the report, @toasted; we've received it okay. Someone from our support team will be following up with you more about this conflicts issue as soon as possible.

This discussion has been closed.