Syncing from IOS but not from Macbook

Hi,
I'm a very happy user of 1password 3.8. However, I've noticed over the last few weeks if I change some details on my macbook the details do not get changed on my iOS device. I use dropbox and can see the Mac syncing but nothing happens on the iOS device at all. When I go into the iOS device and do a sync still nothing happens. Can you help?

Thanks
Paul

Comments

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni

Hi Paul,

Thanks for taking the time to write in about 1Password. I'm sorry to hear that you're having trouble getting things synced up? What version of 1Password for iOS are you using?

• Paul Hawkins
    Paul Hawkins
    Community Member

Hi Megan, I think its version 4.5.1 - its been updated recently as looks different to how it used to look. Does that help?

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni

Hi Paul,

Yes, it does! I've got a few more things for you to check out here. Please ensure that your iOS device is fully set-up with Dropbox sync by following the instructions here.

On your Mac, open a Finder window to your Dropbox folder. Do you have multiple 1Password.agilekeychain files cluttering things up here? Please note: you don't want to delete any apparently extra 1Password.agilekeychain files just yet, as this is where 1Password 3 stores your database. :)

• Paul Hawkins
    Paul Hawkins
    Community Member

Hi Megan,
    Thanks for the tips.
    I have checked my iPhone and it seems to be set up correctly. It says when I just looked last synced 21 seconds ago.
    On the finder window. I see there are two 1password key chains. One in the initial drop box folder and then another in a folder entitled 1password

I've tried to attach a screen shot if you can see that?

Strange thing is changes from my iPhone do sync to the mac. Also, I wonder if there is something going on with conflicts that I don't understand that could be causing it?

Thanks
    Paul

• Jasper
    edited May 2014

Hi Paul,

So we can investigate further, please email us a Diagnostics Report from your Mac and iPhone, along with a link to this discussion, to: support+forum@agilebits.com

A brief comment here mentioning that you've sent the report would also be helpful. Thanks in advance!

• Paul Hawkins
    Paul Hawkins
    Community Member

Hi, I've just sent it from my mac but not too sure how to send from my iPhone?
    Thanks a lot.
    Paul

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni

Hi Paul,

Thanks so much for sending that Report in from your Mac. I've emailed you some instructions on how to generate the Report on your iOS device. We'll keep the conversation going directly via email so that we don't duplicate efforts between here and there.

This discussion has been closed.