Chrome extension not opening all the way

Hi, I'm having a problem with the Chrome extension. I'm using 1Password version 3.8.21 (build 32009). When I first click on the extension after some time, for example after waking the computer from sleep, the 1Password dialogue does not open fully; instead, only a small corner appears:

A second click opens the full dialogue, and the problem resolves for the duration of my session.

I'm also experiencing the frequent crashing bug, where 1Password consistently crashes when the computer wakes from sleep.

Comments

• David Yu
    David Yu
    Community Member

OK, not sure why the image doesn't appear. Here's a link: http://twitpic.com/dm1yw4

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni

Hi David,

I'm sorry to hear that you're having difficulty with the Chrome extension. Thanks for including the screenshot! I have to say though, that tiny window is a new one - haven't seen that before. Could you please make sure that you are updated to the latest version of Chrome?

If you are updated and you're still seeing this, I'd love a bit more detail about the situation. You mention that you are also experiencing the Chrome crashing bug. Does this behaviour happen before a crash, or instead of the crash? Is this something you see consistently every time you wake Chrome or just occasionally?

The more detail you can provide, the easier it will be for us to track this down :)

• David Yu
    David Yu
    Community Member

Hi Megan,

Thanks for the response. I believe Chrome keeps itself updated automatically now, but yes, I'm running the latest version of Chrome.

This graphics bug happens much more frequently than the crashing bug, which occurs only on system wake. The graphics bug also occurs on system wake, but I've noticed it happening sporadically when I switch back to Chrome after a period of using another application, with no system sleep in between.

Sorry if this is not enough info to track down the bug. Please let me know if you have any more ideas!

• David
  • Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni

Hi David,

I have passed this extra information along to our developers, to see if it helps in the search to track this bug down! :)

• jordanpg
    jordanpg
    Community Member

Having the same problem. Sometimes it takes multiple clicks before the full window appears. Very annoying.

http://tinypic.com/r/aaelgy/5

Running Chrome 31.0.1650.63, OSX Lion. Other active extensions include:

1Password 3.9.20.99
    AdBlock 2.6.16
    Clearly 9.3374.689.453
    Feedly - News, Blogs and Youtube 18.2
    Google Cast 14.102.1.1
    Google Chrome to Phone Extension 2.3.3
    Google Dictionary (by Google) 3.1.0
    Google Mail Checker 4.4.0
    Hangouts 2013.1211.433.2
    JSONView 0.0.32.2
    Pocket (formerly Read It Later) 1.5.6
    Turn Off the Lights 2.3.0.5

• mynumbersplease
    mynumbersplease
    Community Member

I have the same problem, and it often wont open the mini app. Very, very Annoying. I have to copy and past. Not what I have it for, and I have done all the trouble shooting. It will do it just not consistently.

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni

Hi @jordanpg and @mynumbersplease,

I'm so sorry to hear that this bug has been bothering you! Our developers have recently managed to squash a pretty significant bug with the Chrome extension, and I'm curious to see if this fix will result in better behaviour here as well. The fix is currently in beta testing, and it will be released soon. Your patience here is much appreciated :)

• rhyt
    rhyt
    Community Member
    edited May 2014

I'm getting this same issue as well. It looks similar to the screenshots posted by the other users, EXCEPT they are seeing the bottom left corner of the window, and I am seeing the top left corner of the window. Disabling and enabling the extension does not fix it. Restarting the 1Password Helper (via the windows app Help menu) does not fix it. Only restarting Chrome fixes it. My Chrome is up to date and the extension version is 3.9.21.90

Interstingly if I press CTRL+\ the floating popup window appears in its entirety, but clicking the extension icon results in the behavior noted in this ticket.

• rhyt
    rhyt
    Community Member

Update: Now I'm not sure if this is a 1Password bug at all. My AdBlock extension is experiencing the same issue: only showing the corner of the popup window.

It is similar to this stackoverflow, with links to google bug reports, but they all seem to be resolved some time ago. http://stackoverflow.com/questions/15241864/chrome-extension-popup-html-not-display-correctly-anymore

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni

Hi @rhyt,

I'm sorry to hear that you're having trouble with the Chrome extension right now. Thanks for providing so much detail in your posts. I'm glad to hear though that restarting Chrome gets things behaving properly again.

Unfortunately, at this time our development efforts are focussed on 1Password 4, so we are unable to provide bug fixes for the 1Password 3 extension.

I can tell you that this bug is not present in 1Password 4, so if you are able to upgrade to the latest and greatest version of 1Password, send me a private message and we'll talk. :)

This discussion has been closed.