Category list menu question

ag1pwun
ag1pwun
Community Member
edited May 2014 in Android

The three-dot menu (there's a name for this I'm sure) for each entry in a category list differs based on the category. For example, items in the Credit Card list have three icons in the resulting menu: Trash, Favorite (Star) and what I believe is Copy (icon depicting two adjacent pages). However in the Driver's License category the menu has only the first two icons (no copy). It's not clear why they differ. Probably a reason but pretty subtle.

UPDATE: Okay, it looks like maybe the categories that contain a password have the copy choice displayed? But if you select that, what are you copying and what do you do with it? There doesn't seem to be anything in the clipboard if selected.

Version 4.0.0b17 (Build 20140506) (19) Droid Razr M Android 4.1.2 1GB RAM 8GB ROM

Comments

• Hi Steve,

I'm not sure if we've publicized the name much in the forums, but internally, we refer to the three-dot menu as the Quick Access menu. The reason that the contents of the Quick Access menu differ depending on the item is because some actions make sense only for certain items. For example, the login action (the globe button in the Quick Access menu) makes sense for login items but not for identities. In the case of a driver's license, it isn't obvious what we should copy to the clipboard, so we don't offer that option.

When the copy action is shown in the Quick Access menu, we try to default to copying the item that is most difficult to remember. In the case of a login item, we copy the password to the clipboard. In the case of a credit card item, we copy the credit card number. Once this information is copied to the clipboard, you can then switch to a different app and paste that information where you need it.

I hope that explanation helps. Please let me know if you have any more questions!

Cheers,
    Michael

• ag1pwun
    ag1pwun
    Community Member

Got it. Thanks. I was having a problem with the clipboard even though it was set to "clear never". Using latest release now but problem was likely pilot error.

• No need to assume that it's pilot error - after all, there is a reason that we've been calling the app a beta up to this point. I'm glad to hear that its working for you now. Definitely let us know if you encounter any other issues with copying.

This discussion has been closed.