Options
2»

Comments

• DBrown
    DBrown
    1Password Alumni
    edited May 2014
    Options

@StevenG210‌, at this point, 1Password for Windows imports only Login items, except in the 1PIF format. @MrC's point about our having some cycles is spot on, and I wish I could say something positive about when I thought that might be.

• svondutch
    svondutch
    1Password Alumni
    Options

I just tried it again and crashed 1P4 Windows.

@MrC Can you send me your error report, please? I would love to reproduce and fix this. Thanks!

• MrC
    MrC
    Volunteer Moderator
    edited May 2014
    Options

@StevenG210‌ - I may have some good news for you. I decided to add 1PIF support to my converters. Translated into non-techno-babble, that means, you should be able to import from eWallet with much better fidelity and field mapping. I've tested the script and importing logins, credit cards, and secure notes on Windows, and am finishing up other cards types. I hope you are still listening in on this thread...

• DBrown
    DBrown
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@MrC, I laud your awesome generosity again. You make me glad to part of this community!

• StevenG210
    StevenG210
    Community Member
    Options

MrC, I hit a particularly busy time over the past week or so. I am looking forward to using your improved converters! I hope to get to it in the next day or two. Thanks for your prompt support! Best regards.

• StevenG210
    StevenG210
    Community Member
    Options

MrC, unfortunately I'm still having problems. I have installed Perl as instructed. I have a folder named "ewallet_to_1p4" on my desktop. Contents of this folder are ewallet_to_1p4.pl (downloaded tonight) and a folder named "Text". Inside folder Text are CSV.pm and CSV_PP.pm. My ewallet data file (in text format) is named ewallet_export.txt, as suggested in your instructions. I go to the command shell and type cd Desktop\ewallet_to_1p4 at the DOS prompt with proper response. I type perl ewallet_to_1p4.pl -v ..\ewallet_export.txt and get an error message which begins with: Can't locate JSON/XS.pm in @INC (@INC contains: c:/Per164/site/lib C:/Per165/lib .) at ewallet_to_1p4.pl line 20. BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at ewallet_to_1p4.pl line 20 (#1), etc., etc.
    Any ideas? Thanks. StevenG210

• MrC
    MrC
    Volunteer Moderator
    Options

Darn, sorry. With the new capabilities, you need a new module and I forgot to add that to the instructions. At the command prompt, type the following:

ppm install JSON-XS

After the installation is done, you can retry the command again. I'll update the instructions.

This discussion has been closed.