New passwords sync, but Safari doesn't see them

unixdude
unixdude
Community Member
edited May 2014 in 1Password 3 – 7 for Mac

Hi guys. I have 1Password 3.8.21 on an iMac and a MacBook Pro. When I create a new password on the MBP, it does get synced to the iMac (1Password app sees it), but Safari doesn't see it as an option ("No Logins saved for this site"). I've tried restarting Safari and reinstalling the browser extension, but that doesn't fix this. Any idea how I can get resolve this? Thanks.

Edit: I was wrong: 1Password app doesn't see the new passwords either. I could swear that I checked that, and the app saw the passwords, but maybe I didn't.

Comments

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni

Hi @unixdude,

I'm sorry to hear that you're having trouble with 1Password here. Just to confirm, new passwords added on one machine don't appear on the other, right?

Please look in Preferences > General and confirm that both your computers are using the same file location in Dropbox.

• unixdude
    unixdude
    Community Member

Megan, you are correct: passwords created on the MBP are no longer showing up on the iMac. I did confirm in preferences that both systems are using the same file.

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni

Hi @unixdude,

Thanks for confirming that! Please also ensure that you are logged in to the same Dropbox account on all computers and devices, and that Dropbox is running on all computers. :)

If both of those items check off, we'll need a bit more information to track this down. Could you please send us a Diagnostics Report from each of your computers?

http://learn2.agilebits.com/1Password4/diagnostic-report.html

Then attach the entire file to an email to us: support+forum@ agilebits .com

Please do not post your Diagnostics Report in the forums, but please do include a link to this thread in your email, along with your forum handle so that we can "connect the dots" when we see your Diagnostics Report in our inbox.

A short note here once you've sent the Report in will help us to keep an eye out for it. :)

Once we see the report we should be able to better assist you. Thanks in advance!

• unixdude
    unixdude
    Community Member

Hmm, well, it did eventually sync. Maybe the sync is configured to work eventually (hours or days), not instantly... is that it?

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni

Hi @unixdude,

I'm glad to hear that things are back up and running for you!

Dropbox sync should be automatic: 1Password will ping Dropbox when changes are made to initiate a sync. Please confirm that Dropbox is installed and running on all your computers. There may have been a blip in Dropbox's service (or your internet connection?)

Please do let us know if you notice any further anomalies and we'll investigate further :)

This discussion has been closed.