1password has appeared on my laptop (from my desktop?)

HI
I installed 1Password on my desktop computer, Windows 8. It worked fine. At the time, my laptop was being serviced.
I got my laptop back. I did not install 1Password onto my laptop. I do have Google Chrome syncing my desktop and my laptop but I dont actively use it

On my laptop, I go to a password protected website, and 1Password appears and wants the master password.
I enter the password but it does not work. I try with caps lock as well but it still does not work

My password consists of keys that are next to each other so I know my password and I havent mistypen it.

This problem was happening on my laptop but I decided to change my master password to a different master password. I always chose keys that are next to each other on the keybpoard because there is less area covered on the keyboard.

Ive tried the new master password (which I changed on my desktop computer) but it doesnt work here on my laptop

1Password is not shown on my start menu. It is not in the list of programs in 'programs and features'. is it syncing wirelessly from my desktop computer?

I just went to my desktop, used the new master password to unlock my computer

I just went back to the laptop and tried the same two (and only) passwords I have used, and it doesnt work

Can anyone help me please?

Thank you
Mark

Comments

• DBrown
    DBrown
    1Password Alumni

It sounds like you've signed in to a Google account on both machines, @Maceasar‌, so Chrome has synced all its extensions from your desktop computer to Chrome on your laptop. That's why you see the 1Password extension in the browser.

Without the main 1Password program installed on the laptop, though, there's no 1Password functionality for the extensions to extend to Google on the laptop.

You can install 1Password on the laptop and enjoy the benefits of 1Password there, too; you can disable Google's extension-sync feature on both computers and remove the extension from Google on the laptop; or you can ignore the extension in Google on the laptop, because it can't work without the main program.

I hope that helps, @Maceasar. Please let us know if you have any other questions.

• Maceasar
    Maceasar
    Community Member

Thats it. Great. Thank you for your help ;-)

• DBrown
    DBrown
    1Password Alumni

My pleasure, @Maceasar‌!

This discussion has been closed.