login issue with android file sync

Options
lorenz
lorenz
Community Member

hi there,

am new to the beta testing of 1password for android, so there is a possibility that I am missing a point. however with that disclaimer out of the way here we go:

• before I start: I have a file syncing solution in place keeping the vault synced between my mac and my android device (LG G Flex)
  • when starting up the beta, saying "I have used 1password before" (as the vault is already in the file system).
  • next I am going for "sync using local storage"
  • selecting the vault works fine (as my android does not have an SD slot the vault is in internal storage)
  • I am being prompted for my master password (which seems to indicate to me that it has found the vault)
  • when entering my long (30+ characters) password it does not accept the pw but tells me to report back the error message, despite not giving me one...

any obvious mistake I am issing or did I encounter a bug?...

thanks,

lorenz

Comments

• lorenz
    lorenz
    Community Member
    Options

oh and one more: the password includes german "umlaute" in case that is the problem....will experiment with different passwords later on....

• lorenz
    lorenz
    Community Member
    Options

hmm...neither removing the "umlaute" (german special character) nor temporarily shortening the master password to 13 ascii characters helped...

• mverde
    Options

Hi @lorenz‌,

We advise against using non-ASCII characters in master passwords because of potential inconsistencies between implementations across different languages and keyboards. For the purposes of resolving this issue, could I get you to check the following:

1. Your master password only contains US-ASCII characters.
    2. 1Password on your Mac is currently set to sync to the same agilekeychain file that you are using with your file syncing solution:
      • In the menu bar, click 1Password 4 > Preferences... and click on the Sync tab.
      • Verify that the Sync method is Folder Sync.
      • Check that the Folder Sync path matches the path used by your file sync solution.
    3. You are able to use your new US-ASCII only master password with 1PasswordAnywhere:
      • Browse to your .agilekeychain file in the Finder on your Mac
      • Right click on the .agilekeychain file and select "Show Package Contents"
      • Double-click on the 1Password.html file that is revealed (this will open 1PasswordAnywhere in your browser)
      • Try to unlock 1PasswordAnywhere with your new master password.

Let me know the results of each of the above and we will be able to determine where to go from there.

This discussion has been closed.