"The 1Password 4 browser extension is not compatible with Windows."

2»

Comments

• paolobok
    paolobok
    Community Member

I'm tired to wait for this upgrade. No more cash from me, i'm searching for a new security system. Bye AgileBits.

• luckywabbit
    luckywabbit
    Community Member

I too find it disturbing that it's already almost 6 months since they said they are working "around the clock". For things like this reason I am not upgrading to 1P 4 and will move my stuff to Lastpass. At least they seem to have their stuff together.

• ImpfectTommy
    ImpfectTommy
    Community Member

I've been a programmer for over 20 years and realize how unplanned things can happen. However, AgileBits has not been as upfront and honest as they should be here. When I upgraded from 1Password 3 to 4, I had an implicit expectation that I would have, at least, the same level of functionality and hopefully a few new features I would enjoy. For me, a key feature is the cross platform nature of 1Password and browser integration with Chrome.

While it's annoying I have to pay for the same product on every device and cost is at the limit of what I'm willing to pay, 1Password 3 was a good product, so I upgraded. I would not have done so had AgileBits been honest and said, "We're having an issue right now with our Chrome extension. If you rely on the Chrome extension working on both Windows and OS X, you may wish to hold off." That would have been fair. However, the current situation displays a lack of honesty and transparency which does not speak well to AgileBits. Companies usually only do this when 1) they are in financial trouble and/or 2) have unethical/incompetent management.

• nz2004
    nz2004
    Community Member

I just bought 1Password and I am very disappointed, a 70 $ piece of software is unable to handle the extensions right. So far it is completely useless to me! If AgileBits will not change this issue within 30 days, I want my money back!

• slappula
    slappula
    Community Member

You can sign up for the 1Password for Windows Beta and it will give you access to the v4 browser extensions.

https://agilebits.com/beta_signups/winnewsletter.html

• barrettj
    barrettj
    Community Member

How long after signing up will it take to receive the beta?

• Kristoffer Alpsjö
    Kristoffer Alpsjö
    Community Member

I happily purchased a family license for win+osx, installed and then ran into this problem. Nowhere on the page for the osx+win bundle license was I informed about this bug. Big disappontment. Seeing how long this thread has been active makes me wonder what is happening? Let's just ... wait...

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User]
    Community Member
    edited April 2014

The obvious solution would be to make the beta version public, just like the Mac beta. In practice, it seem to be more stable than the official stable version in many cases.

• barrettj
    barrettj
    Community Member

The obvious solution would be to make the beta version public, just like the Mac beta. In practice, it seem to be more stable than the official stable version in many cases.

That would be pretty nice seeing as I still haven't received anything other than verification that I have joined the newsletter and the application that I paid for is essentially non-functional for its intended use.

• EmersonLackey
    EmersonLackey
    Community Member

I would like to add myself to the list of people who are frustrated by this. When I pay good money for software, I expect good results. This has been a known issue for too long now.

• ClockParadox
    ClockParadox
    Community Member

It's been 9 months since 1Password4 was released for the Mac.

This is absolutely absurd. When the hell do you guys plan on getting around to fixing your Windows userbase? How is it ok to allow two codebases to get nearly a year out of sync?

• mike_haney
    mike_haney
    Community Member

hello? anyone from agilebits listening? we need the chrome extension to be sync'd across our devices!

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni

Twitter version: Sign up for and install 1Password 4 for Windows beta to use the 1Password 4 extension on Windows.

Hi folks,

I wanted to follow up with a final post in this thread explaining the situation as best as possible to anyone coming across this thread via Google search or otherwise.

The 1Password 4 extension requires 1Password 4, but 1Password for Windows is not yet on version 4. If you continued to use the current stable version of 1Password for Windows you’d need to disable extension syncing and use the version 3 extension in Windows, and version 4 extension on Mac.

We wish there was a way to simplify the situation, but Chrome doesn’t provide selective sync for extensions or more options for detecting the platform an extension is running on. If that becomes an option before 1Password 4 for Windows is released we will certainly look at implementing it, but our focus right now is on making 1Password 4 for Windows as awesome as possible and releasing it because 1Password 4 for Windows completely resolves this. :)

So if you are interested in in using the same extension everywhere, please sign up for and install 1Password 4 for Windows beta. It works with the very same version 4 of the extension that use on your Mac. (Although the UI is different as the UI is not in the extension itself. It may help to think of the extension as the form filling engine behind the UI.)

Once you confirm your subscription to the 1Password 4 for Windows beta, you will receive a link to download it. We look forward to your feedback in the 1Password for Windows Beta category here on the forum if you are a beta tester.

If we can be of further assistance, please let us know by creating a new thread. We are always here to help!

This discussion has been closed.