why iphone and ipad sync to a different dropbox folder?

ronny777
ronny777
Community Member
edited April 2014 in iOS

I've got 1password on my windows, iphone and ipad.

had some pc problems but the 1password folder on dropbox is fine.

while my windows application and my ipad app synced back with no problem, the iphone app refused to use the dropbox folder and create a new one.

now only windows and ipad app sync. the iphone doesn't.

more info:

ipad app ver 4.3.2.

iphone app ver - latest.

windows app ver - latest.

1 password original folder on dropbox name is "1Password Ronny Backup.agilekeychain", while the iphone app searches for "1Password.agilekeychain".

any advise?

thanks,

Ronny

Comments

• DBrown
    DBrown
    1Password Alumni

I'm moving this to the 1Password for iOS forum, where it'll get the attention of the experts there.

• Good morning Ronny, and thanks for taking the time to write in. 1Password 4.5 for iOS received a major upgrade to its syncing mechanism, bringing more stability, speed, and multiple vault support to the process. One of the concessions that we had to make with this upgrade was that we would only look for files named 1Password.agilekeychain during the initial sync setup.

In order to sync with 1Password 4.5 on your iPhone you will need to rename your 1Password Ronny Backup.agilekeychain to 1Password.agilekeychain. I would also recommend that you upgrade both your iPad and iPhone version of 1Password to 4.5.1 (which came out last night).

Let me know how this works out for you and if there's anything else I can do to help you out.

• ronny777
    ronny777
    Community Member

worked like a charm!
    thanks MrRooni

• Most excellent, you're welcome!

• MartyS
    MartyS
    Community Member

One of the concessions that we had to make with this upgrade was that we would only look for files named 1Password.agilekeychain during the initial sync setup.

@MrRooni‌, when can we expect that to change so that we can go back to naming our "primary" file in Dropbox whatever we need? Adding another vault from the iOS device works with any filename, and so should the primary but right now many of us are stuck without our primary vault due to this issue… and the ensuing confusion that brings. Adding our primary as an additional vault does works, but then we have two sets of data — one of which will never be updated.

The longer this situation continues, the harder it is on the users as we have to decide to switch filenames once again on all out platforms, or to wait it out for a fix.

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni

Hi @MartyS,

I do apologize for the trouble that this has caused for you and other users with a custom primary vault name. This issue is a top priority for our developers. We'll do what we can to have this feature enabled just as soon as possible.

• MartyS
    MartyS
    Community Member

This issue is a top priority for our developers.

So, was there just not room for it in the App Store update summary, or did our much needed ability to name our primary vault something other than 1Password not make it into the just released 4.5.2 version?

• Hi @MartyS,

This has been improved in version 4.5.2, even though it wasn't in the release notes. All keychains in Dropbox are now listed during the initial setup of your primary vault. :)

• MartyS
    MartyS
    Community Member

Thanks for the good word, @JasperP. I've deleted the data on my iOS devices and "started over" on each one of them to get my primary data back into the primary vault. It feels good to have things back to where it needs to be.

• Mactavish
    Mactavish
    Community Member

I've been following the various threads with info on resetting sync and starting from scratch and so on. That has worked fine, except ..

On my iPad (only) I have two vaults - Primary, and 1Password. No idea how I ended up with two vaults? Primary does not reflect up-to-date data, 1Password vault, does.

I have latest versions on iMac, iPhone, and iPad (and Android for that matter). All I really want to do is some housekeeping, to remove the vault called Primary from my iPad - it looks messy. I can't see any option to Remove a vault - only to Add one?

• Hi @Mactavish,

As long as all of your data is present on your Mac, just delete the app from your iPad, re-download it, and start over. You will be able to select the correct keychain for your Primary vault on setup. :)

• Mactavish
    Mactavish
    Community Member

Okay, that worked - many thanks JasperP.

Now only 1 vault, instead of 2 - and it's called "Primary" - same as on iPhone.

Does that sound correct?

Thanks again for your help.

• Mactavish
    Mactavish
    Community Member

... and, all data correct on all devices ....

• Hi @Mactavish,

You're welcome! That all sounds correct. Please let us know if you have any other questions. We're always happy to help! :)

This discussion has been closed.