Importing Keepass into 1Password

Options

I am analyzing and testing 1Password for my company to replace the corporate standard KeePass password keeper. One thing I can't find though is a way to import the hundreds of passwords I have stored in KeePass. It says to export them to .CSV, but that is not even an option in KeePass. It will just export them as a text file or as an XML file. I see a number of discussions of this on your site (going back some years) but I don't see any solutions... hopefully I am just missing them as we are looking at about 1000 licenses, but that won't happen if we can't find a way to easily import our existing entries.

I have included a sanitized version of a few of the entries from the Keepass TXT file (which is not CSV), hopefully you can help.

*** Group: Databases ***

Title: ECMS Prod (ESQLDEP15\SQLP815)
Username: EpicCMAdmin
Url:
Password: Password
Comment:

*** Group: Epic ***

Title: Epic Rel
Username: UID
Url:
Password: password
Comment:

Title: Epic TEST
Username: UID
Url:
Password: Pass
Comment:

John

Comments

• MrC
    MrC
    Volunteer Moderator
    edited December 2013
    Options

Are you using Keepass 1 or 2 ? Keepass 2 has export to CSV - that's how I got my records transferred into 1Password.

• DBrown
    DBrown
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Thanks, @MrC!

@Perrybucsdad, please see the "How do I import data into 1Password" article in the "FAQ" section of the user's guide, accessible from the Help menu and in the Support area of our web site, for full details of the import formats 1Password can accept.

• Arudmin
    Arudmin
    Community Member
    edited June 2014
    Options

Here is my solution for importing KeepassX 0.4.3 database to 1Password 4
    https://gist.github.com/arudmin/52aec759a8c5d7543e36

Description in comments.

• MrC
    MrC
    Volunteer Moderator
    edited June 2014
    Options

Are you properly CSVifying your data? I think your script will fail when any of title, username, password, url, or comment contain certain CSV metacharacters such as comma, double quote, or newline

This discussion has been closed.