Hard Disk Crash on MacBook (late 2007) resulted in wiping clean HD. Where might I find backup to 1P?

****Yes, trying to repair the HD, the genius at an Apple store had to erase the HD (with my permission) since I believe most(?) of my data is backed up to my account at Carbonite. In any case, the HD was ruined more than expected and I had an authorized repair shop install a NEW hard drive with larger capacity. I've been using 1Password on that MacBook and on my iPhone for many, many years and would like to continue now. Since I only now see the newest version of 1 Password on the Mac App store, I might prefer that one. My computer is using the OS Mac OS X Version 10.7.5. That's the latest I can use on this computer. As far as I remember my 1Password was downloaded from the AgileBits Website. Before starting to recover my backup from Carbonite, I would like to know if that is where the 1Password backup might be? They do not backup applications. I hope this long explanation explains enough. If not, let me know.

Comments

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni

Hi @dguerr,

I'm sorry to hear that you've been having trouble with your computer - that's never fun! I was able to find your license information in our back office records, and I'm resending you your version 3 license, in case you require it. :)

Unfortunately, 1Password 4 requires OS X 10.8.5 (Mountain Lion) or higher, so if you are still on 10.7.5, you will need to remain with 1Password 3 for the time being. You can download a legacy versions of 1Password 3.

As far as your data location goes, the default location of your datafile is:

~/Library/Application Support/1Password/1Password.agilekeychain

And your backups are located here:

~/Library/Application Support/1Password/Backups/

I hope this helps you get things straightened out, but if you have any further questions, please let us know - we're here to help!

This discussion has been closed.