Major Problems

ChiliKane
ChiliKane
Community Member

I signed up three days ago but as of today 1P4 is not recognizing my password. I have gone to Pref.>BackUp to Restore but nothing is showing as a backup. I have tried dragging 1P4 to the trash and get the message that 1P4 is Open. I then tried a Force Quit but 1P4 is not shown as being opened. I have tried to D/L again and get the message that Safari doesn't recognize the following site https://d13itkw33a7sus.cloudfront.net/dist/1P/mac4/1Password-4.4.zip which is what I get when I click on Down Load

Comments

• Stephen_C
    Stephen_C
    Community Member

If you have nothing of value in 1P4 you can learn here how to start over.

I don't know why the link you gave doesn't work for you: it does for me in Firefox.

Stephen

• ChiliKane
    ChiliKane
    Community Member

Stephen, I D/L from Agile but I am getting an error message that folder can't be found-attachment follows. I did get to a folder using App Store sign in but I did not see folder for App store or Agile download. What's wrong?

• Stephen_C
    Stephen_C
    Community Member

If you really want the Application Support folder (and I don't think you do, see below) you should be looking for:

~/Library/Application Support/

(note the space between Application and Support).

However, I'm not sure why you're looking for a download in that folder: they normally go to your Downloads folder. If you can't find the Downloads folder or the download isn't in it, as another suggestion what happens if you type 1Password in the Finder search box?

Stephen

• ChiliKane
    ChiliKane
    Community Member

If I understand the directions that you mentioned that I follow it states go to Find Folder and enter ~/Library/Application Support/
    I had tried it with the space between Application and Support and received the same error message.
    I have been able to Trash the application
    When I do a Finf in the Finder for 1Password, the only hits that come up are from my Trash in Mail. They are all related to discussion regarding the app from the AUG that I belong to.
    Now I am really confused!

• ChiliKane
    ChiliKane
    Community Member

I should have added that my Download folder is empty.

• Stephen_C
    Stephen_C
    Community Member

Sorry but I'm completely baffled. When I put in Safari the link you included in your first post I end up with a 1Password4.app file in my Downloads folder. All I would do to use it would be to drag it into my Applications folder and launch it from there. I can't imagine why Safari doesn't recognise the link for you. Do you have another browser you could try?

Stephen

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni

Hi @ChiliKane‌

I've sent you a private message with some instructions - please let me know how they work!

This discussion has been closed.