restoring 1P 3.8 after drive failure

Having a hard time getting 1Password 3.8 connected to its database again after drive failure. As per dguerr discussion I looked in

~/Library/Application Support/1Password/1Password.agilekeychain

but there is no 1Password folder in the Library (either top level or user library)

Here's the history:

• was running 1P 3.8 on MacbookPro running mavericks. Drive failed.

• School IT gave me new FOB macbookpro. (thank you IT!) I restore from Time Machine with Migration Assistant. I now have my old data on new machine running 10.8.5.

• I do have two iOS devices running ok and syncing to dropbox

What's the best recovery strategy from here?

thanks

Comments

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni

Hi @dstras,

I'm sorry to hear that you're having trouble with your computer. Hard drive failures are no fun.

We'll need to take a closer look at your system here to determine where things are getting tangled up. Could you please send us a Diagnostics Report?

http://learn2.agilebits.com/1Password4/diagnostic-report.html

Then attach the entire file to an email to us: support+forum@ agilebits .com

Please do not post your Diagnostics Report in the forums, but please do include a link to this thread in your email, along with your forum handle so that we can "connect the dots" when we see your Diagnostics Report in our inbox.

A short note here once you've sent the Report in will help us to keep an eye out for it. :)

Once we see the report we should be able to better assist you. Thanks in advance!

• dstras
    dstras
    Community Member

report on the way
    thanks
    david

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni

Hi David ( @dstras‌ ),

We've received your Diagnostic Report - thanks for sending it in! Someone from the support team will get back to you as soon as possible with some details.

• dstras
    dstras
    Community Member

All set now!

It should have been obvious to me to point 1Password at the agile keychain in dropbox, but somehow it wasn't.

thanks for the kind support.

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni

Hi @dstras,

Thanks so much for letting me know that you're all sorted out! We're happy to help if you have any further questions or concerns. :)

This discussion has been closed.