"Cannot find 1Password data file in Dropbox"

CADFT
CADFT
Community Member

Hi,
I have been using the dropbox syncing with no issue for quite some time until recently.
I read in a forum post to delete and reinstall the 1Password app. I did that and now I cannot get anything to work anymore on the iPad.
When trying to connect to dropbox, I get this message : "no 1Password.agilekeychain or 1Password.opvault data in dropbox". But that hasn't change since the beginning, and the files are there, just checked.
I have only one vault, and one dropbox account.
Help!

Comments

• Hi @CADFT,

What path is your keychain stored at within Dropbox?

• CADFT
    CADFT
    Community Member

Hi. Jasper, thanks for your message.
    I selected the default settings and didn't change nor move files since then.
    Folder dropbox/1password/1password claire.agilekeychain
    Does that answer your question?
    Claire

• Hi @CADFT,

For the iOS app to find your keychain, it will need to be in the default location and have the default name: ~/Dropbox/1Password/1Password.agilekeychain

Please try renaming it, and let me know if that helps! :)

• Jay5001
    Jay5001
    Community Member

Not sure for @CADFT but I can confirm that it resolved the problem for me. Thank you!

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni

Hi @Jay5001‌

I'm glad to hear @JasperP's suggestion helped! We're working on making this more flexible in the future. :)

• CADFT
    CADFT
    Community Member

It did work for me as well, all is good now. I must have changed something then, didn't remember that. Thank you!
    Sorry for the late feedback, I was expecting a mail notification when a new message is posted.

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni

Hi @CADFT,

Thanks so much for letting me know that you're all sorted out! If you'd like to change your notifications so that you do get an email when a post is updated, those settings can be changed here: http://discussions.agilebits.com/profile/edit

If you have any further questions, we're here to help! :)

This discussion has been closed.