Dropbox sync error: NSURLErrorDomain error -1001

elbel
elbel
Community Member

I am getting this error on my iPhone app when I try to force a keychain sync (via Dropbox sync). I'm signed in to Dropbox with no problem...

Comments

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni

Hi @elbel,

Thanks for sending that screenshot in, it's quite helpful! This error refers to a network problem. Please ensure that you are connected to a stable Wi-Fi network or have proper signal if you're using a cell network. You should have better luck then! :)

• pdm32
    pdm32
    Community Member

Help needed on this and a first step solution for everyone. First step solution first. Syncing will not work over a very secure WiFi network, such as ours in a midwestern state government. Turn off WiFi and connect over your cell signal and it will work. Now, the problem I have is that I received the dreaded Vault Mismatch error message. The similarity is 97.2%, with 205 more items in Your Vault, last updated in late April (There's a good reason I haven't tackled this until now!) than in the Dropbox Vault, last updated yesterday through 1P on the Mac. The Dropbox Vault is the more accurate vault. Should I go ahead and merge anyway or what is the solution? Thanks for a great product.

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni

Hi @pdm32,

When 1Password merges your vaults it does the best that it can to determine which entry has newer information, but in cases where it cannot distinguish between edits, you may see 'Conflict fields' within your entries. This ensures that no data is lost in the merge. You can then either move the conflicting data into the correct location, or delete it if it is not needed.

It's easy to find conflict fields within the Mac app. Simply use File > New Smart Folder and select the criteria: Conflict Fields are present.

I hope this helps, but we're here if you have any further questions!

• pdm32
    pdm32
    Community Member

First of all, thank you for your prompt and kind response. Based on your guidance, I decided to go ahead and merge the two vaults and sort out the differences. However, about a minute or so into the merge, I received an error, "Failed to download file from Dropbox. Please try again later. Path: /1Password.agilekeychain/data/default/.ws/agile.1Password.write. I tried again and same error. Any thoughts? Thanks again!

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    edited June 2014

Hi @pdm32,

I'm sorry for the trouble. This little file has been bothering a few users today. This is a file used by 1Password for Windows that iOS really has no use for. We're investigating why 1Password 4 for iOS seems intent on grabbing it, but there's really no issue if 1Password fails to download this file. You should be able to see all your data in the app regardless of this message, but we'll do our best to have it properly out of your way as soon as possible. :)

• AGKyle
    AGKyle
    1Password Alumni

Hey all,

Dropbox has indicated they will be fixing this on their end (500 errors are "internal server errors," and thus a fault on the server, in this case Dropbox). They say it should be deployed soon. Sorry again for the trouble. Thanks for pointing it out so we could get the ball in motion!

Kyle

This discussion has been closed.