Sections created in iOS don´t sync to windows

Hi, just installed 1password on my pc, when i synced with dropbox everything worked except that every section that i created in the 1password app on ios doesn't show up on windows......why?

Comments

• svondutch
    svondutch
    1Password Alumni

We have added custom fields (including custom sections) to 1Password version 4 for Windows.

Please sign up for the 1Password version 4 for Windows BETA here: https://agilebits.com/beta_signups/winnewsletter.html

Thanks!

• Alex161
    Alex161
    Community Member
    edited May 2014

I have a question, if I may. Being new to 1Password and not yet managing to sort thinks out, are there any risks to other areas on a PC or iPad if one uses a BETA software? Sorry if this is a bit of a nube question.
    Malcolm

• svondutch
    svondutch
    1Password Alumni

are there any risks to other areas on a PC or iPad if one uses a BETA software?

You should expect bugs but we haven't seen any security risks. As a matter of fact, or latest BETA version is our most secure version.

• Alex161
    Alex161
    Community Member

Thanks svondutch.(better late than never) I missed your reply and only just seen it. Have downloaded the Chrome extentions, but cannot see what's cvhanged, but will be chatting to someoe this week end to hopefully sort me out.

• Hi @Alex161,

You do need to uninstall the previous 1Password extension in order to install the newer 1Password 4 extension for your browser, so it will look different. It should look like this:

• Alex161
    Alex161
    Community Member
    edited June 2014

Just opened up 1Password on my PC and see that a new version 1.0.9.341 was issued and I have downloaded it. I cannot see any difference in the layout, but perhaps it does things 'behind the scenes', but I will now check the iPad ................... checked it and looks the same also. I have not uninstalled anything and not sure if I need to or how to do that if I do.

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User]
    Community Member

@Alex161‌

Just opened up 1Password on my PC and see that a new version 1.0.9.341 was issued and I have downloaded it.

1.0.9.341 is indeed the newest non-beta version of 1Password. You can see the release notes and dates here:

https://agilebits.com/onepassword/win/release_notes

However, to get the beta version of 1Password, you need visit the link provided earlier in this thread:

https://agilebits.com/beta_signups/winnewsletter.html

There, enter your email address and an email will be sent to you containing a download link for the beta version of 1Password. Currently the latest beta version of 1Password is 4.0.0.BETA-488.

Important: The beta version of 1Password uses a completely new browser extension. Make sure to get the right browser extension by always following the download link from within 1Password.

• Alex161
    Alex161
    Community Member

Thank you again Xe997. I will be speaking with a member of the Team tomorrow and will wait until then before downloading anything else. As it is, I download with trepidation and keep everything crossed to hopefully avoid panic. Lol. It rather scares me to think of 'Beta' versions when trying to avoid stress. However, I am getting there and feeling far better about 1Password than in the first couple of days and may even start another thread that is headed 'No Longer Confused', just watch the space. Cheers for now.

• Hi @Alex161,

I'd suggest holding off on the betas until you're more comfortable with 1Password. It's just we'd prefer 1Password 4 to be your first app as it is a different interface than the outgoing 1Password 1.0.9 for Windows.

If there is anything else we can help you with, please let us know here or bring it up with Steve tomorrow.

This discussion has been closed.