iOS 8 - Share Sheet API

sovanbu
sovanbu
Community Member

I know the devs just got the iOS 8 Beta along with us, and we're still a little bit away from seeing an update including the new enhancements.

But we all know these new enhancements are exciting so I wanted to post and see if anyone, including any devs, would know the answer to this question:

Will the new Share Sheet API allow 1Password to AutoFill and Submit data from 1Password?

Currently I have a bookmark that opens the current webpage in 1Password's browser. But if this new API allows for this feature it would speed things up.

BTW for people who don't know the iOS bookmark to open your current webpage in 1Password is:

javascript:window.location='op'+(window.location.href);

Comments

• RvMouche
    RvMouche
    Community Member

If you've seen the keynote you've seen the demo of Bing translate. So I would tend to say that this would be indeed possible with two notes: I have no clue in how hard this is + it might not use a safe connection.

• sovanbu
    sovanbu
    Community Member

@RvMouhce, you're right. I went back and watched that portion. I don't see why they couldn't Auto Fill passwords. This update will be amazing.

• Will the new Share Sheet API allow 1Password to AutoFill and Submit data from 1Password?

It certainly seems from our initial research that this is indeed possible. Stay tuned!

This discussion has been closed.