can I delete/uninstall 3?

dsvphd
dsvphd
Community Member

Now that I’ve sucessfully upgraded to 4, what do I do with 3.8.22? Put it in the trash? Is there a better way to uninstall?
Thank you

Comments

• Stephen_C
    Stephen_C
    Community Member

The usual recommendation is to keep 1P3 for a little while to ensure everything is safely ensconced in 1P4. When you're perfectly happy that's the case just drag the 1P3 application to the trash. Don't use an app cleaner because that will (over-) enthusiastically wipe out backups that it might be useful to keep for a while.

Stephen

• jemfree
    jemfree
    Community Member

I installed 1P4 from the website without uninstalling 1P3. D'oh!
    There is no 1P3 app in my applications folder, but all the other files are still there and there is still an icon in launchpad which I can't remove. I've tried the 1P3 uninstall tool but it fails as follows:
    launchctl ((
    remove,
    "ws.agile.1PasswordAgent"
    )) failed (1): launchctl remove error: No such process
    I really want to get rid of the old version.
    Please tell me what to do.

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni

Hi @jemfree,

Are you having any trouble with your computer right now? You should be able to have both version 3 and version 4 installed on the same without any conflicts. If you'd like us to track down any remaining bits of 1Password 3, you could send us a Diagnostic Report.

http://learn2.agilebits.com/1Password4/diagnostic-report.html

Then attach the entire file to an email to us: support+forum@ agilebits .com

Please do not post your Diagnostics Report in the forums, but please do include a link to this thread in your email, along with your forum handle so that we can "connect the dots" when we see your Diagnostics Report in our inbox.

A short note here once you've sent the Report in will help us to keep an eye out for it. :)

Once we see the report we should be able to better assist you. Thanks in advance!

• jemfree
    jemfree
    Community Member

Diagnostic report sent

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni

We've received the report, @jemfree. Thanks for sending it in! Someone from our email support team will review the report and reply as soon as they're able to. :)

This discussion has been closed.