Caveat on Microsoft's 2 factor Authentication

wkleem
wkleem
Community Member

Just a FYI that I turn on 2 Microsoft's 2 Factor Authentication for their products like OneDrive and it interferes with my Lumia Phone receiving phone related services. I would type in the regular password and its invalid on the phone but it works on my laptop.

Comments

• wkleem
    wkleem
    Community Member

I want to clarify that during the initial two Factor Authentication, a separate single use passphrase was needed for Windows Phone. It is a separate passphrase from the regular Microsoft Account passphrase. The only way to reset it is to disable, then enable the 2 factor authentication again.

My second attempt on my Lumia was successful keeping in mind that I need to remember the original Microsoft Account, a second Lumia Microsoft Account unique passphrase and the Microsoft Authenticator code for my Lumia.

However due the 1Password's inability to work properly on a Lumia, I needed a second device (iOS or PC) to retrieve my Microsoft Account.

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni

1Password's inability to work properly on a Lumia

What seems to be the problem with 1Password for Windows Phone, @wkleem‌? Could you provide more details in a new thread in the Windows Phone category? We'd love to follow up.

• wkleem
    wkleem
    Community Member

@khad, I have done that. Thanks.

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni

Thanks! One of the Windows Phone team members will reply to your thread there as soon as possible.

This discussion has been closed.