[Feature Request] Automatically lock 1Password after x minutes being in the background

Options
dermeister
dermeister
Community Member
edited June 2014 in Android

Hi there,
I'm new to 1Password and quite happy with your new android app.
Nevertheless I would like to have an option, which automatically locks the vault if you are running 1Password in the background for a definied time period (An implementation for the PC Beta would be nice aswell!).
Otherwise, you could easily forget to lock your vault, if you need to copy/paste username and password into an other app.
The option to lock the vault immediately after you switch to another app would be quite annoying in that case.
Thank you!

Kind regards,
Der Meister.

Comments

• RichardPayne
    RichardPayne
    Community Member
    Options

That option already exists. Take a look at the security section of the settings screen.

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @dermeister‌,

As @RichardPayne‌ mentioned, this option is already present. Let me know if you are unable to find it for some reason. :)

Just so we can give you the best possible support, could you let me know if you are using the version of 1Password from the Play Store, or are you a beta tester using the beta version of 1Password for Android? If the former, we can move this thread to the correct category. If the latter, then we'll just stay right here.

Cheers!

• dermeister
    dermeister
    Community Member
    edited June 2014
    Options

Thanks for your answer.
    Well, then it just doesn't work for me.
    Just set it to "automatically lock after 1 minute of being open and unused", but unfortunately after going back to my homescreen and waiting for 2 minutes I can still access the vault.
    The bug occures on the official version from the Play store, as well as on the newer Beta version.
    The option "Lock on exit" is working though.
    Running 4.4.3 on my Nexus 5.

Kind regards,
    Der Meister

• dermeister
    dermeister
    Community Member
    Options

Nobody else experiencing that problem?

• dermeister
    dermeister
    Community Member
    Options

What's New in 4.0.2b1:

[FIXED] Corrected an issue that prevented default lock settings from loading on first launch.

[FIXED] Resolved an issue that prevented vault from automatically locking in certain situations.

Looks like it's fixed now :)

• mverde
    Options

Yes, the issue should be resolved now. Thank you for bringing it to our attention!

This discussion has been closed.