Can't setup license - bought 6 Years ago :)

Hi there,

in 2008, i bought a Macbook Pro and purchased 1Password 3. 3 Months later, i sold my Macbook on eBay.
Now, 6 Years later, i've got a "new old" Macbook Pro (2009). So i tried to install 1Password 3 and activate this old unused license.

I've downloaded the 3er versions of 1password from this site:
http://help.agilebits.com/1Password3/legacy_versions.html

If i try to insert my license information in 1password 3.8 and 3.5, it show's me an error: My license is to old (or form an older version) (sry, 1Password in German - cant translate it 1:1).

In the ControlPanel on the AgileBits-Website, it only shows this version:
Password 3 for Mac - Single User License

Is there a difference between the Version-3-licenses? Which version i have to download? (Bought the license in August 2008).

Comments

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni

Hi @87KRA4u3OyTV,

I'm sorry to hear that you're having trouble with 1Password right now. I'd be happy to help you get your license issue sorted out. Now, I was unable to find a license in our back office records under the email address attached to your forum account. Would you be able to send me a private message with the name and email address on your current license? If you're unsure, send me a few alternatives or variations to search. :)

• Hi there,

1Password 3 for Mac wasn't released until November 19, 2009, more than a year after you purchased your license, so the license that you have would actually be for 1Password 2 for Mac. Our current system shows them as "1Password 3 for Mac" licenses as it doesn't know about 1Password 2 and can't make the distinction. You'll notice the key starts with "1PW2" instead of "1PW3."

If you'd like to upgrade please shoot us an email with a link to this thread and your license key and we'll be happy to help you out. support at agilebits dot com

Thanks!

Ben

This discussion has been closed.