Deleted keychain from Dropbox; .ws.agile.1Password.settings file remains [Safe to Delete]

Options
ScarySulley
ScarySulley
Community Member
edited June 2014 in Mac

So I stopped syncing with Dropbox and deleted the keychain. It no longer appears in my local Dropbox folder. However, when I go to the web interface, there's still a settings file present that isn't visible in my local Dropbox folder. I know I could just delete it, but I'm curious as to what is (well settings I guess...) and why it's present on the web but not the local folder?

Thanks!

Comments

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @ScarySulley‌

Is it a .ws.agile.1Password.settings file, perhaps? This file was used in the past to point 1Password 4 for iOS at the location of your keychain in Dropbox. As we've made 1Password more flexible it has become less and less necessary. In any case, if you are no longer syncing with Dropbox you certainly don't need to keep this file around.

If you are seeing a different file, however, please provide a bit more detail about it so that I can advise you better. :)

• ScarySulley
    ScarySulley
    Community Member
    Options

Hi Megan,

Yes that is the file. I assume it's ok to delete then...? I will be syncing with DropBox again, so I assume the file will be regenerated?

Thanks!

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @ScarySulley,

Yup, delete away! It may be regenerated if you set up Dropbox syncing again, but it's really safe to ignore. Mac and iOS no longer rely on this file. (In fact, now that 1Password 4 for Android and 1Password 4 for Windows have been released, the only version of 1Password that still requires this file is the Reader for Windows Phone.)

This discussion has been closed.