Dropbox error (500) [Resolved: this error is on Dropbox's end, please be patient and try again]

benevida
benevida
Community Member
edited June 2014 in iOS

I just updated my 1Password for iOS (my iPhone) to the latest version (4.5.3).

I noticed that my passwords had not been synced recently. I went to initiate the dropbox sync within 1Password, and I get a screen with the message from dropbox "Error (500) Something went wrong. Don't worry,...". I click on 'Cancel' at the top of the screen, but it just goes back one screen to where it says "Sync with Dropbox - One moment please..." then quickly takes me back to the dropbox error screen. I had to forcequit the app. If I go to Safari on my iPhone, I can load and log in to the dropbox.com website without a problem. If I try to sync with my laptop using WiFi, it syncs fine.

I tried deleting the 1Password app data on the phone. When that didn't work (I still got the same error when trying to sync with dropbox) I tried deleting the app and redownloading it from the app store. Still getting the sync error.

I'm using iOS 7.1.1

How can I get dropbox to sync?

Comments

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni

Hi @benevida,

I'm so sorry to hear that you're having trouble here. Unfortunately, the Error (500) is an error on Dropbox's end, so there's not much that can be done with 1Password to fix it. Best thing to do is be patient and give it another try. You can always check status.dropbox.com to see if they are tracking any issues. Things look good now, so hopefully you can get things synced up now!

• benevida
    benevida
    Community Member

Thank you for your reply.

I am still having the problem with my iPhone. status.dropbox.com reports 'Dropbox is running normally.' I downloaded the password app to an iPad as well, and I ran into the same problem.

Is anyone else having this problem?

Thanks.

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni

Hi @benevida‌

I'm sorry to hear that you're still having trouble here! Let's try re-linking your Dropbox account:

• When setting sync up, on the screen where it has you tap the account name, tap the ⓘ instead.
    • Tap to remove the account.
    • Then you will have the opportunity to authorize your Dropbox account again.

Does this behave any better?

• benevida
    benevida
    Community Member

I am sorry, but I cannot find the screen to which you are referring me.

Within the 1Password app, I
    1) Click on Settings at the bottom
    2) Click on Sync
    I am now faced with a screen that reads 'Sync' in the title, with 'PRIMARY VAULT' then 'Start Syncing' and 'Items 200' below.
    3) Click on Start Syncing
    The page now reads 'CHOOSE A SYNC METHOD...' with the choices 'Sync with iCloud', 'Sync with Dropbox', and 'Sync using Wi-Fi' below
    4) Click on 'Sync with Dropbox'

This leads me to the loop mentioned in the first post. I get the screen that give me the Error (500). When I click cancel, it takes me right back to the error screen again.

I could have sworn that there were 1Password settings within the iPhone 'Settings' control panel, but for the life of me, I cannot find any now.

What am I missing?

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni

Hi @benevida,

After you click on the 'Sync with Dropbox' option, you should see a screen with the available Dropbox accounts. (Most users will only see their personal account, unless they have Dropbox for business enabled, in which case there may be multiples.)

Next to your Dropbox account name, you should see an ⓘ icon. Tap that, and then 'Stop Using Account'.

Are you saying that the account screen doesn't properly load for you?

• benevida
    benevida
    Community Member

Correct. Or, at least it was. It would flash a screen that said "One moment please." then would proceed on to the Error (500) screen.

However, after I read your message, I went back in to the 1Password app. This time I was greeted with "The app 1Password would like to connect with your Dropbox." I do not know what would have changed. Maybe it was a transit of Jupiter or the power of suggestion. In fact, it was probably a problem with Dropbox as you have suggested.

The app is synced and working now. Thank you for all of your help. I've come to rely heavily upon my 1Password and I appreciate the work that goes into making, maintaining, and supporting it.

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni

Hi @benevida‌

I'm so glad to hear that things are working now, although I do apologize that it was a bit of a process for you there. Hopefully things continue to sync smoothly for you now.

Thanks for your kind words! Since this issue is nicely sorted out now, I'll close this thread, but if you have any further questions or concerns, please don't hesitate to open a new thread, or email us directly at support@ agilebits .com - we're here for you. :)

This discussion has been closed.