Unable to Sync

AWBO
AWBO
Community Member

I've tried a number of things, and none of them have seemed to help me merge the 1password on my Mac, iPad and iPhone. I received assistance setting the initial system up, and somehow the master password was not stored properly on our end. Since we no longer knew the password, we went about changing the existing file to "_OLD" at the end of the file name. This helped us create a new vault with a new master password which was great. However, now we are unable to sync with our iPad and iPhone after deleting and re-installing the apps. We are able to get to the "I'm an existing user screen" but when we try to sync via wi-fi, it gives us an error code "61" saying "operation couldn't be completed. Connection refused". They are on the same network so this shouldn't be an issue. When trying to sync through iCloud, it keeps finding the old vault for which we do not know the password and wants to merge them. Clearly we can not do that and there is no way around it.
Is there any way that we will be able to sync our devices? By the way, we have not yet entered any passwords, so if we need to delete, etc that is fine, as long as we don't have to re-purchase the app.

Thanks!

Comments

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni

Hi @AWBO,

I'm so sorry to hear that you've been having trouble getting synced up here. I'd be happy to help you get things straightened out, but first I'll need to know which sync you wish to set up. Do you want to use iCloud or Wi-Fi? As soon I know which you prefer, I can give you some instructions to get this sorted. :)

• AWBO
    AWBO
    Community Member

We were willing to do either. However, I figured out how to delete the old data from the iCloud and we were able to sync this afternoon through the iCloud. Thank you.

• Excellent! Thanks for the update AWBO!

This discussion has been closed.