The big thread on TouchID issues with 1Password 4.6 betas

foad
foad
Community Member
edited July 2014 in iOS

Hey folks. Super stoked for the new beta. I'm having an issue though. I can't enable TouchID. I tap the slider and it slides to on then slides back to the off position.

Any reason this might be happening?

Comments

• DjPadz
    DjPadz
    Community Member

Did you let it finish syncing before trying to enable it? If so, try killing the app, and re-launching.

• aachen
    aachen
    Community Member

I have the same issue: One second after enabling TouchID, the slider deactivates itself. Restarting 1P didn't help. Syncing was already finished.

• hiwayfuzz
    hiwayfuzz
    Community Member

Same problem- killing app and rebooting doesn't help

• Eric Anderson
    Eric Anderson
    Community Member

Same here. Confirmed killing and restarting app as well as ensuring sync was complete

• WilliamTM
    WilliamTM
    Community Member

Me too. Syncing finished, tried killing the app, yada yada yada, no luck.

• Matthew Marlowe
    Matthew Marlowe
    Community Member

I am able to unlock my phone with Touch ID, no issues. I can enable Touch ID in settings, no problem. I start 1Password, upon launch it requests Touch ID, yet it does nothing. End up having to cancel out and enter master pass.

• Korzun
    Korzun
    Community Member

I can confirm the same. I'll get my iPhone hooked up to my computer this evening and see what the console says.

• Eric Anderson
    Eric Anderson
    Community Member

Only thing in app log that comes close:

Sun Jun 29 15:43:29 2014| 406001 [LOCKSERVICE:0x178066080:] S loadLocalAuthenticationFramework | Loadng LocalAuthentication.framework
    Sun Jun 29 15:43:29 2014| 406001 [LOCKSERVICE:0x178066080:] S setAppLockMode: | Lock mode changed: 1
    Sun Jun 29 15:43:29 2014| 406001 [LOCKSERVICE:0x178066080:] S setAppLockMode: | Lock mode changed: 3
    Sun Jun 29 15:43:30 2014| 406001 [APP:0x170465bc0:] E createDummyFileInBetaContainer | Failed to create ubiquity container. Please enable iCloud and relaunch 1Password

• ryker
    ryker
    Community Member

I get the same request for Touch ID, but then it requires me to enter my master password...

• justingoldberg
    justingoldberg
    Community Member

Not working for me too :(

• Geezy
    Geezy
    Community Member

Sorry guys it's working for me. But I'd rather not see the prompt for Touch ID unlock. There should be an option not to display it. And if course if it's fails to unlock a few times then password should be prompted

• sternklang
    sternklang
    Community Member

Just installed 4.6.BETA-1 on my iPad Air (MF003LL/A) running iOS 8 beta 2 (12A4297e). First time I enabled Quick Unlock in the settings (with Lock on Exit enabled) it displayed the attached iPad passcode dialog without displaying a keyboard. Tapping anywhere in the entry box or anywhere else in the dialog did not bring up a keyboard. Needless to say, it's a bit hard to enter a passcode without a keyboard.

Hitting the power/sleep button and then waking the iPad brought up this dialog again, repeating this did the same. Next time I woke it I hit Home to switch away from 1Password and killed it.

Running 1Password again brought up the master password dialog, after entering this I was able to shut off Quick Unlock.

Turning Quick Unlock on again, switching away from 1Password and tapping the 1Password icon again brings up the iPad passcode dialog with no keyboard again. Hitting sleep/wake and hitting Home to wake brings up the master password dialog.

Waiting for 2 minutes of inactivity brings up the iPad passcode dialog again, with behavior identical to that described in the last paragraph.

So the initial setup of iPad passcode won't allow getting out of the iPad passcode dialog without killing the app. Subsequent runs of 1Password brings up the iPad passcode w/o keyboard, but sleeping the iPad and then waking it brings up the master password dialog.

Steps to reproduce after initial setup:
    1. Start 1Password
    2. Hit Settings icon
    3. Choose Security
    4. Ensure "Lock on Exit" is enabled, then enable "Quick Unlock"
    5. Exit Settings
    6. Switch away from 1Password with Home button
    7. Tap 1Password icon
    8. iPad passcode dialog with no keyboard appears

• Hobbsy
    Hobbsy
    Community Member

Just to add I can confirm I can't switch Touch ID on either, when I do it just slides itself off.

• dlinsin
    dlinsin
    Community Member

Same here, can't enable Touch ID in the security settings.

• ovedtuo
    ovedtuo
    Community Member

I'll throw my voice into the choir. The toggle just slides back off immediately after I touch it to turn on.

• noX1609
    noX1609
    Community Member

Same here. When i try to activate TouchID it deactivates itself immediately after i slide it on. Sync was finished and relaunched the app several times.
    Also tried reinstalling the whole application but that also didn't help.
    Thats bad i was very happy when i read that TouchID is included but then it doesn't work :( Please quickly fix that.

• hiwayfuzz
    hiwayfuzz
    Community Member

I downloaded the app on a phone that I restored to the iOS 8 beta and Touch ID in 1password enabled as expected. The phone that I "upgraded" to the iOS beta will not toggle Touch ID on. Maybe a coincidence ... Anyone else "upgrade" the problem phone?

• Hobbsy
    Hobbsy
    Community Member
    edited June 2014

I upgraded and cannot enable Touch ID on 1Password beta

• noX1609
    noX1609
    Community Member

@hiwayfuzz: I also upgraded to iOS 8. A restore of the phone is not possible here because i need all my SMS etc. Or have you done a restore of iOS 8 and then installed an iTunes Data Backup?

• hiwayfuzz
    hiwayfuzz
    Community Member

I'm going to try that on the phone that isn't working correctly and will update

• nbarron
    nbarron
    Community Member

I'm having the same problem. Haven't been able to diagnose why.

• noX1609
    noX1609
    Community Member

@hiwayfuzz: That's great. If an restore of iOS 8 and install of an iTunes Backup is enough, than it would be great. If a clean install of iOS 8 is needed that that's no possibility. But Agile please fix this issue soon so everyone with an iPhone 5s could use TouchID that would make live a lot more easy :)

• noX1609
    noX1609
    Community Member

Seems they are having Dome hudge Problems with TouchID. On many Devices like mine to you can't even activate TouchID the slider slides back off imidietly after switching it on. I think they have a lot of work to do to get TouchID working. Hope they can fix the problem in the next 1-2 days because i have a masterpw with 30 digits and TouchID would make my life a lot more easy :)

• John Onysko
    John Onysko
    Community Member

I am having the same slider "turn off" issue.

• Dragon
    Dragon
    Community Member

I've managed to turn it on, but only once actually been asked for touch id, every other time it's just asking for master password. It also appears to take a very long time to ask for this after leaving app and returning.

• hiwayfuzz
    hiwayfuzz
    Community Member

Ok, I restored to iOS 8 beta 2 then restored my backup and installed 1password beta. I was able to enable Touch ID in 1password after

• Hi guys,

Thanks for the reports. I was able to reproduce this and will file a bug report on this for you guys.

Stay tuned!

• Hobbsy
    Hobbsy
    Community Member

Thanks Mike :)

• Thanks for the great report, @sternklang. I've got it entered into our bug tracker and we'll take a look.

• danthony
    danthony
    Community Member

Just want to add that when you turn on "Quick Unlock", it doesn't give you the option to set a Passcode. This is also on iOS 8 on both the iPhone 5 and the iPad Mini Retina.

This discussion has been closed.